Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wishman35

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
I just got the phone activated by AT&T and the speaker volume is VERY low on the calls through the earpiece.

Anyone have this issue or know what is wrong. I made sure the volume is on max as well

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
I just got the phone activated by AT&T and the speaker volume is VERY low on the calls through the earpiece.

Anyone have this issue or know what is wrong. I made sure the volume is on max as well

to me the speaker volume was a little louder, but the loud speaker was much more louder than the 3gs.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
yea i had the same thing, i was setting up my voicemail and i couldnt hear, i had to use speaker to hear her talk

wishman35

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 9, 2009
Its just my earspeaker that seems very low for some reason. Will be very sad if this is a defect with my phone. Damnit

tekm

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
CA
I have the exact same problem on my new iPhone 4. It's really annoying especially since getting a replacement at this time is nearly impossible.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2008
I have the exact same problem on my new iPhone 4. It's really annoying especially since getting a replacement at this time is nearly impossible.

Its fine on speaker, but seems low when ear against phone and talking compared to iPhone 3GS.

tekm

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2010
CA
yup, The ear piece is very low on 4.0. on iPhone 3G and iPhone 4

So when you had iPhone OS 3 on your 3G, your ear piece volume was fine? Maybe then the problem is just due to a software bug or corrupt preference file that was carried over from a previous backup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.