Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sukanas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 15, 2007
i was wondering if any of you guys did that

and if you do, how is your "workflow" or setup?
and is it worth it....?

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
i was wondering if any of you guys did that

and if you do, how is your "workflow" or setup?
and is it worth it....?

Well, I do that with two sets of backup drives. I keep one set here and store a second set at a neighbor's house. About once a week a get them back, back up my system to each of the drive sets, then take one set back over there.

Kind of a pain but I have about three terabytes of design files that I would be in deep stuff if I lost, so willing to do that to avoid what would happen if somebody broke in and stole my system and the first set of backup drives or we should have a fire, etc.

Of course if it were a big fire, it would burn his house next door down too- but at that point I think I would give up and say it was meant to be! :D

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
I don't make a backup of a backup but I do create two different clones every week or two, one for here and one to keep offsite. I'll just set it up to clone using CCC one day and then the next I'll repeat. Might seem like overkill but it's nice knowing that should anything happen I've got the data someplace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.