Anyone managed to make a 2D dock in Mavericks?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by lamerica80, Oct 24, 2013.

1. lamerica80, Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2013

lamerica80 macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

I want my 2D Dock back! I hate the "I just bought this mac" look of the 3D dock.

Anyone managed to do this?

2. MattGiaco macrumors newbie

No, I've been trying all day. I, too, hate the "I just bought this Mac" look. I did find that if you move the dock to the side, it looks like an updated 2D version. I'm doing that for now.

3. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

someone WILL figure it out...hopefully sooner than later. if it can exist on the side, it should be transferable to the bottom...

4. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Every day I search this forum hoping for a fix...

5. lamerica80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

Yup that is an option but i find it uncomfortable to have it on the side, since ive had it at the bottom for many years..

Hoping for a fix soon. This should really be a feature to be able to choose between 3D and 2D docks, especially with all the flatness going on.

6. lamerica80 thread starter macrumors 6502a

lamerica80

7. KateTheAwesome macrumors newbie

I've been trying to mess around in the Docks configuration file. The largest batch is essentially just whatever applications are in it but in the head of the document there is this:

Unfortunately changing the no-glass boolean doesn't do anything. So essentially the Dock isn't using it anymore. I went through the entire com.apple.dock config file and couldn't find anything that would hint to the 2D dock style. So it must be hidden somewhere in the dock files itself because the only thing that changes in the config file is the orientation.

Not sure if the user can do anything here :(