Anyone managed to pick up a White iPhone from O2 (UK) yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glassbathroom, Jul 21, 2008.

1. glassbathroom macrumors 6502

The title says it all. I am aware that there appear to be more iPhones in some O2 shops. I am guessing they are all black (and mostly 8Gb). O2 still claim there are no White iPhones in the UK, even though we know Apple Stores have them. I need to upgrade from from a Gen 1 iPhone, so this is no use to me. Please do not post with Apple Stores that have them, this is no use to me.

I am hoping that they will start appearing from Friday 25th.

2. ParishYoung macrumors 6502a

I read somewhere that O2 will not be getting the white ones until Sept :-(
    I want one too, but this is the "official" answer I had from O2.
    Probably quicker to wait for when the Apple Stores can process an upgrade for you.

-----------

We currently don't have a date when the new iPhone will be available in White. We'll keep you posted on specific details by regularly updating our iPhone page: o2.co.uk/iphone.

Should you need any information on our products and services, please visit our online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/help

When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

Kind regards,

Anuj Bakshi
    O2 Customer Service.

-----------

Hope this helps a bit.

3. glassbathroom thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi ParishYoung,

Thanks for the answer. I have heard all sorts of rumours regarding the White not being available until August, September or December! I don't really understand why this would be the case. They are available elsewhere. Indeed in the US they seemed to have more white ones left over than black.

It all seems a bit ridiculous. O2 clearly have absolutely no command of the situation. They are just waiting for whatever Apple sees fit to send them.

Glassbathroom

4. Antj29 macrumors member

yep you are right on that about O2 not knwoing. I mena this morning the local o2 stores had deliveries. The one on cheapside which is a big store had none, but the very titchy one on fleet street had 100 phones in. I wonder if the fleet street one was stocked deliberately as Goldman Sach's Headoffice is across the road from the store.....lol

5. glassbathroom thread starter macrumors 6502

I just got a great email from O2.

"There's only one colour of the new iPhone 3G which we're currently providing, which is Black. This means it won't be possible to provide you the white iPhone 3G. I'm unable to tell when the white iPhone 3G will be launched."

They still don't seem to believe that the white version exists (has been launched)!

6. glassbathroom thread starter macrumors 6502

The annoying thing is that there seem to be many more white ones left in the Apple Stores than the black. Send them over to O2 please!

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

**** no!!! such a terrible service provider dont deserve to sell the lovely 3G iPhone -- keep it Apple Store Exclusive please..

8. techguy1 macrumors regular

Had to return my 16 gig black iPhone for repair back to Apple via CPW yesterday after it died. I was hoping for an exchange but CPW told me the nearest place to obtain a black 16gig replacement was either St Albans or Oxford St where they had ONE each.
    I'm guessing if the black 16gig are a rarity in the UK, then the white is going to become a collectors item :D

9. glassbathroom thread starter macrumors 6502

Not much use for those of us who have to upgrade! Unless Apple start offering the upgrade directly.

10. tallyho macrumors 6502a

tallyho

Hilarious* :D I wonder what this white thing is that I'm typing this on then?:confused:;)

*Obviously not funny for those people who can't go to a nice Apple Store but have to upgrade through O2 :(

11. iflipper macrumors member

I wish I wasn't so tempted to get a second contract just for the white! I'm trying to be good and stick with just my 8gb black. At least i was able to upgrade without much hassle.

12. dog299 macrumors regular

My iphone from CPW was unwell and i took it back and got it replaced via the Apple store...you should have gone to the apple store to get it replaced.

13. jamjoe1 macrumors newbie

White iPhone 3G now available from Carphone Warehouse

Just so you guys know Carphone Warehouse have just started selling the White 16GB iPhone to existing iPhone customers. Just placed my order. Lovely Jubly. I expect 02 will follow suit soon. X:)

14. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Mine keeps freezing and quitting. Was just speaking to someone today whose phone did the same thing and he just left it. Now it will only start up in demo mode and he has lost his entire contact list of 700+ numbers. Needless to say, mine is going back now. Will try the Apple Store first. Not that I'm hoping they'll give me a white one instead... ;)

15. kinster macrumors 6502a

kinster

O2 already started selling the White ones on Friday as I picked one up from the o2 store