Anyone miss the 1st gen flat back?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Julien, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Can't wait houres in line so don't have a 3G yet. However there is one thing that concerns me. Lots of time while I'm eating or at my desk I will use one hand while it is sitting flat. It looks like this will not be possible with the 3G since it may rock and slide. Have not read about this being a problem. Am I the only one who sometime uses the iPhone with one hand with it's sitting on a flat surface? Does anyone else miss the flat back for this purpose?

2. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

The back isn't curved in this way. It won't rock as you suggest.
    Basically it tapers in on the edges. Once the edges taper in, the back is flat.

I hope this makes sense.

3. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

You'll still be able to use your phone like this. Although the new shape does rock side to side by a tiny amount, it doesn't actually affect the functionality at all.

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I loved the 1st gen phone, but I have to say the 3G feels better in my hand. More ergonomic. And the glossy back is less slippery than the matte finished back.

5. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

I've used my phone while it rests on a flat surface a few times, and it's worked fine. The curve of the back isn't enough to cause a problem.

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Put it in a gel case. The one i got doesn't rock at all.