Anyone miss the classic picture view on maps?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by memo90061, Sep 15, 2013.

1. memo90061 macrumors regular

I really loved how you were red balls pinpointed on the map where the picture was taken. You were able to see all the pinpoints at once.

[​IMG]

2. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

Yes, I miss that too. The new photos app s going to take a little getting used to. I do like the moments section though, where everything is layed out by date and location.

3. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Yeah...it was nice that you could see the number of different places...especially when they are close together.

But I do like seeing an example of a pic now...and simply zooming in does separate the areas once it has enough room to do it.

4. betabeta macrumors 6502a

It's kinda there, you can click on sets of collections or moments and see them on the map, and then click on years...I like it better.

5. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

But the pins were able to show separate locations better due to their size.

Did I take any pics in Chicago or are they all from West Michigan?

Attached Files:

6. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Oh yeah...I was in Chicago...;)

Attached Files:

7. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Whoops..I guess I was by the lakeshore in Michigan as well....

Attached Files:

8. betabeta macrumors 6502a

OK, yeah I see your point I just thought you didn't know you could still see all your pictures on the map, because some people actually don't know this, I show them that you can click on the years etc.. and they hadn't noticed it.

But your point about pins is well taken, and actually I think separation could be done better at certain levels of zoom. So yeah the pins looked fine and worked better to show exact locations, but look for better separation in future releases.

Being able to separate map views into years, collections, or moments is a nice feature even if it is less accurate now at certain zoom levels, it will be fixed.

9. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

Oh yeah...don't get me wrong. I prefer the new layout much better. Just trying to show what I think the op was mentioning.

10. memo90061 thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I did try to zoom in. Hopefully separation is done better. :D I really liked the moments also. It's so cool how it tells you right there where the picture was taken. I also really love the mosaic when you look at it by year. Another thing I found great was having the pictures and videos separated. I really wish it had an option though to see the points or a thumbnail.

Hahaha that's funny PNutts. That's similar to mine, I had to zoom in!
    [​IMG]