Anyone miss the "missed" tab?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by joejoejoe, Jun 6, 2014.

1. joejoejoe macrumors 65816

I use the "missed" tab in NC far more than the "all" tab. I like seeing how my notifications came in chronologically as opposed to grouped by app.

Does iOS8 give you the ability to sort notifications by time? Or are you stuck with them being grouped by app?

Can't find mention of this anywhere.

2. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

You can sort them by time since iOS 5.

Attached Files:

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

But the missed tab didn't show all or most notifications, so it'd be easy to miss different ones, making it that much less useful.

4. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Nope, they're still grouped by apps. Unless that's changed in iOS 8.

The missed tab showed you notifications like they appear on the lockscreen. Chronologically. For example of you got a mail message, then a missed call, then another mail message, they would appear in that order.

Sorting by time in the settings would group the mail messages together and just put them on top of the missed call notification.

5. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

I'm actually glad that missed tab would be gone in iOS 8. It was one of the first things I decided to hide after jailbreaking iOS 7.

6. joejoejoe thread starter macrumors 65816

Agreed this was my one qualm with the missed tab. Only showed you notifications that came in while you weren't actually using your phone.

7. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I don't use it on iOS 7, so I won't miss it probably.

8. utahman130 macrumors 6502a

utahman130

The missed tab was useless for me. I dismiss my notifications or act on them when they come in, so just looking at the regular notifications did it for me.

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

I never really understood the "Missed" tab. A year in since the debut of iOS 7, I'm still not able to explain to anyone else what it actually does. It's confusing.

10. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

I never saw the point of it either. Why would we want to separate certain notifications in a Missed tab, instead of just all putting them together? Never got it.

11. Merkie macrumors 68020

Apparently the "Missed" tab shows notifications that came in while your phone was locked. But those notifications are shown on your lockscreen. So apparently, the "Missed" workflow is something like this: when iPhone is unlocked, transfer all lock screen notifications to "Missed" tab? Or something like that? I dunno, it's weird. It doesn't make sense. Good thing Apple got rid of it. I never used it anyways. Why would I want to see only a small part of my notifications?

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Won't be missed because I don't use it. I guess other people didn't either so they removed it in iOS 8

13. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

14. schlaufox macrumors regular

Can't say I'll miss it, either. Perhaps it was useful for people with a high volume of notifications, who wanted an easy way to get to a missed phone call, for example, without having to go through all their notifications.

But I think for anyone that has pruned all the offensive apps from Notification Center and organised them properly, it was largely redundant.

15. Am3r1ca16 macrumors 6502a

Am3r1ca16

16. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Oh now I see lol. Well I guess that's a perfect definition of an almost useless feature then. Glad they removed it.

17. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I didn't know the missed tab did anything. I think in the past year I might have only had one notification show up in it. I would check it often to see if anything was ever in there but was always empty.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

that was more or less of how it was supposed to work, but even then it wasn't really consistent about that at least sometimes.