Anyone Moving Up From 3.5" to 5.5" Screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alchematron, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Alchematron, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014

Alchematron macrumors 65816

Alchematron

Curious if anyone is moving up from 3.5" to 5.5" Screen?

Not only am I moving up from the 4s to the 6 +, I'm also moving up from ios 5 to ios 8, 16 gb to 128 gb, and wireless internet speed of about 5 mbps to ATT LTE of about 30 mbps!

Should be cooking with gas now! :eek:

[​IMG]

Complete backstory

When I bought the original iPhone in 2007, it was painfully obvious at least to me that the screen was too small for real world practicality. Combined with the slow speed of the device and the wireless internet at the time, I returned it and went back to my Razor. When the speed increased in 2009, I finally dumped the Razor for the iPhone 3Gs.

However, I found having to constantly increase the size of web pages and scroll left to right to read lines of text to be a serious pain. When the HTC EVO debuted in 2010 with the 4.3" screen, that made so much more sense to me. I gave it a try and did find the screen size was the sweet spot that fixed the problem that I found with the iPhone. However, the herky jerky lag that I experienced with the Android operating system compared to the smooth Apple ios caused me to return the EVO and stay with the iPhone.

Note: People here thought I was absolutely bat ***** crazy to go from a 3.5" screen to a 4.3" screen and suggest that Apple increase the screen size and offer two different size models!

Before the iPhone 5 debuted, the speculation was the screen would increase in size substantially. However, when it only increased by 0.5" with a odd tall shape, many were seriously disappointed including myself. I was so disappointed, I did not buy it and stayed with the 4s.

95 percent of my time spent with this device is for web browsing, youtube, movies, books, photographs. The larger screen works! I'm sure 4.7 will be great too, but for me I just like a large screen. My biggest concern was will it fit in my pants pocket? Well, I tested the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with 5.7 screen in my pants pocket and it fit perfect! Done deal

Saddest part of this whole story is that Steve Jobs was fixated on the 3.5 screen and presumably did not listen to customer feedback and ended up losing billions to the other companies that gave consumers bigger screens. Only now is Apple conceding and offering a bigger screen! :rolleyes:

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 68000

Ryan1524

Selling my 5S ahead of time, and moving back to 4.

Maximize the experience!!

3. KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

My 14yo son is moving from a 16GB 4S to a 64GB 6+, scheduled to arrive on Friday. He rarely makes phone calls, wears cargo shorts and jeans with long pockets all the time, and spends the vast majority of his time watching YouTube and playing games on his phone.
    He is going to be blown away! :)

(Oh, and he's a straight A student and this is a late birthday present, for those who wish to judge)...

Edit: OP - just noticed you're in Maui - we were there in June - I am very jealous!

4. Hexiii macrumors 65816

Hexiii

I currently have 4S and thinking about purchasing the 6+, need to try it in store first, though.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I'm going from a 5 to a 6+. Just got back from Best Buy and played with a Galaxy Note 3. OMG what a difference. I am so excited to FINALLY have a iOS phone with a big screen.

Although I was a little envious of the 5.5 quad HD screens if some of the newer Android models...

6. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I'm going from 4S to 6+. I printed out the size and my entire phone is smaller than the screen on 6+.