Anyone not ever getting an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TantalizedMind, Jun 3, 2010.

1. TantalizedMind macrumors 6502a

TantalizedMind

It SURE seems that way. Years later and Verizon are still bitches about the iPhone. "Oh.. iPhone?.. NO but heres Android and Google ****." LAME. But unfortunetly AT&T service sucks and its rates are high with a $30 required data plan. If iPhone does roll over to Verizon and there is still a $30 data fee.. I will NEVER buy an iPhone. In that case I'll wait til iPod Touches drop in price (prob will NEVER happen).

I know this is a sour post.. but how many others (who don't have money to spend like those rich boys waiting in line for the iPad with cash on launch day) are in the same predicament? Unless something changes looks like I'll be owning a Motorolla or LG phone for the rest of my life.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Not sure about others, but I save for the tech I want to purchase. Have you thought about doing this?

3. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

News flash...pretty much every smartphone data plan, even on Verizon currently is $30 for phones like BlackBerrys.

Dont see that changing anytime soon.

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I'm getting one this year. Probably the last time I could do what I'm going to do. Cancel current line, open new one. Next year, with the huge ETf, it's a no go.

5. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

If you don't want to pay $30, get the $15 data plan and only download apps over wifi.

6. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

your smart. 15=30? yah no Verizon fanboy, and they have 30 too.

7. nick1516 macrumors 6502a

nick1516

Are you talking to me? Have you not read anything on the front page or engadget about the introduction of tiered data plans:confused:

8. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Hehe me to, I'm far from rich. Have been saving for the iPhone 4G for 4 months. I buy a book or video a game per month, the rest goes for saving for the iPhone.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Nothing wrong with that. I'd love a BMW 5 series car, but they are just too expensive. My 6 year old Toyota Camry does just fine. So will a Motorola or LG phone.

10. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

OMG, some people have the cash to buy iPads?! Let's hate them!

11. slider5634 macrumors newbie

Unless Apple suddenly goes carrier agnostic, I'll never be able to own an iPhone again. Can't get AT&T service where I moved. With Verizon and Droid now and looks like it'll stay that way. I miss my iPhone. :(

12. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

no

13. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

iPods drop in price?! They're like 200 bucks, way cheaper then any other touch screen MP3 player that works well.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yep, If you don't want to pay for data get an iPod touch.
    All smartphone plans are like that.

15. Jonsan macrumors newbie

No, that's extremely rare. I have had up to 50 cracked apps and never gotten a virus. I remember there was a harmless trojan circling around that changed your background to a picture of Rick Astley but few people got it.