Anyone not going to sleep until after 3am?

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Anyone staying up and waiting to preorder before you go to bed?

I was going to take a nap but doesn't seem like that would be a good idea.

What is everyone doing on this lovely night?

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I'm setting my alarm for about 2:50 and going to sleep for a while. I hope I can actually fall asleep, as I do get anxious about it.

jbachandouris

macrumors 601
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Since I have work tomorrow, I have to 'try' to sleep a few hours.

I'm just wondering how I'm going to sleep for the next 7 days waiting for my new iPhone. :D

NewbieCanada

macrumors 68030
Oct 9, 2007
I've done the nap thing before, but I have sleep apnea (with a CPAP machine). Sometimes I'm in stages of sleep so deep no sound can rouse me.

Plus I don't use an alarm to wake up and as a result half the time when I set one I screw it up.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Since I have work tomorrow, I have to 'try' to sleep a few hours.

I'm just wondering how I'm going to sleep for the next 7 days waiting for my new iPhone. :D
Yeah, its going to be a long 7 days. Hopefully some of us can get it on Thursday!

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Where is everyone pre ordering from... Apple or Carrier? I feel Apple would be the better choice.

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
I have the Apple keynote on loop to help keep me awake and set the right tone before launching into the pre-order experience. Snooze you lose tonite. These are the best iPhones ever made and they will sell out very quickly.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
Planning to order from Apple, have always gotten good results and on-time delivery from them.
good to know. I have AT&T and this is my first time doing the pre order online. I plan on going with Apple for it. I feel like on launch day its gonna be hard to find one.

RollTideFanGrl

macrumors regular
Oct 4, 2013
Me..I took a long nap when I got off work today..I will probably take a pm once I place my order on Sprint.com and get back up at 6:30

TheBama

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2010
Birmingham, AL
I have used Apple for both shipping and in-store day-of-release pickup and never had an issue. The carriers seem to be a little more "fluid" with their stock levels and you see more people getting delay emails after pre-ordering and being promised day-of-release.

Plus I noticed AT&T was saying "Ships on the 19th" where Apple will have it ARRIVE on the 19th if you order one in time.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Where is everyone pre ordering from... Apple or Carrier? I feel Apple would be the better choice.
Carrier. I have to as Verizon is moving my upgrade date up one month and the only way they can honor it is by calling them. I already have it set up with someone so I just text them and they'll call me.

I have to wait until 3AM PDT so I feel your pain east coasters. I just hope that having to wait 3 hours after they started preorders doesn't mess up my plan. I want that Space Gray, 64GB, 6 Plus! As long as I don't get pushed back a month or two I'll be happy.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 14, 2012
I have used Apple for both shipping and in-store day-of-release pickup and never had an issue. The carriers seem to be a little more "fluid" with their stock levels and you see more people getting delay emails after pre-ordering and being promised day-of-release.

Plus I noticed AT&T was saying "Ships on the 19th" where Apple will have it ARRIVE on the 19th if you order one in time.
Interesting, well hopefully all things go right! Gonna be a nightmare at 3 with everyone. Should be delightful.