Anyone not happy with trackpad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by apattee, Jul 2, 2007.

1. apattee macrumors regular

I feel like on my 17" powerbook I was able to use my fingertip, and now with my 2.33 mbp, i am unable to use the tip of my finger, but have to use more like my "fingerprint" part of my finger. confusing - i know. but i can't move the cursor with my fingertip. any else know what i'm talking about?

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Hmm, I can't say that I have to press particularly hard on my SR MBP 2.4 - I'd definitely say it's more finger tip than finger print!

3. skierdude macrumors member

skierdude

I know what your talking about but i don't really care. I am perfectly fine with the way the trackpad works.

4. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

so, am i being dumb about this or something worth talking to apple about? i always cringe when i read people's lousy complaints, but this is one thing i am not used to! i was going to take it in tomorrow until i realized today it's okay if i use my finger differently! am i too anal?

5. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

i dont think you're being dumb, but I have a compaq laptop that I cant use my fingernail with and i've never been able to (i've tried and hoped) so I'd say that using a fingertip is probably more normal than abnormal

6. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

my macbook track pad is fine for what i need it for, if you use it alot at home on a desk, buy a mouse or something

7. trudd macrumors regular

trudd

I know exactly what your'e talking about. The trackpad is much less responsive than my Rev. D Powerbook or 1st gen MBP when using 2 fingers. Normal use is fine, but scrolling is on the fritz.

8. kelau09 macrumors member

kelau09

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I have the same MBP and I use my fingertips, maybe theres something wrong with yours.

10. apattee thread starter macrumors regular

took it to the apple store. he looks at it and notices there is something on my trackpad. i guess the previous owner of my computer put down one of those clear stickers to prevent it from getting dirty? anyway, he took it off, and it's much better now. i felt like a moron.

11. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'm plenty happy with my MacBook Pro's trackpad, although I don't use it much anymore.

12. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

My trackpad seems fine. If that is your only problem, then yes, you are being to critical. If you take it back, I'd be worried about getting a comp with something really wrong with it.

13. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

my macbook is great put some shields on it and as smooth as a kitten