Anyone not have music on the iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by someone28624, Mar 21, 2009.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

With all my apps and videos and some pictures, I'm finding 16 gb quite limiting. I'm thinking about removing my music and using my strictly Video for music. But it seems to totally defeat the point. And then if I want my music I need to make sure I have both devices (instead of at least having my favorite music with me if I have the Touch).

Anyone not use the Touch for music?

2. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

Rarely. I find myself playing around with it to much, either using facebook and twitter, or playing games, that the battery runs out or at least low, before I even get a chance to listen to music.

I still have the music on there, but just don't use it as often as I thought I would. I use my classic for all movies and music I have, although I do feel somewhat silly carrying around 2 iPods that can both play music and video.

I still love my shuffle the most for playing music. :D

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i have a few albums on mine, but haven't listened to any of them in over a year. so no, i dont you my ipod for music.

i do however, use radio apps all day long :)

Also, there are isp's out there that more and more allow you to upload your music and mp3 collection to them, meaning to can scan through and listen to your own playlists and music 'on-line- so to speak.

4. i-Want-Apples macrumors regular

Actually, now that you mention it, I didn't really use my touch for music. I only had it for about a month and for most of that time I only had the original two songs I loaded on there to test it. I later added some more music just to have it on there. I found myself using the applications more than anything and on ocassion would watch videos. For the most part I removed videos after watching them, so I didn't really have an issue with the space.

I have another MP3 player that I like a lot better than the touch and I had a dock for it, so I used it all the time. I don't really take my MP3 player with me though when I'm not at home, for the most part it just stays docked, but when I had to choose which to take for music, the touch always stayed at home.

It is nice that the touch can do so many things, but I personally wouldn't have to have my music on there if I had to make the choice.

5. claylj macrumors newbie

If I have to delete anything because I am running out of room, music is the first to go.

6. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Wow!

The #1 priority media on my Touch is music. I rarely find myself playing games on it, but the internet I use all the time. ;) Texting with AIM too.

Movies would be first to go on my Touch if I needed more room.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

One thing I really like about the Touch is that you can use it for whatever you want. You can go ahead and use it just for the apps and not the music. There is nothing wrong there and it is not defeating the point.
    I find myself using it a lot for the apps when i am at home or am bored. In other times where I am either driving or riding the train, every morning, I use it for either music while doing other work or video while wasting time.

I found the 16GB limiting until I went through my video list and found many movies that I do not watch ever so I deleted them. Currently I am running 13GB free (ya lol) because everything was deleted.

8. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

I've got music on mine, but that the rarest thing I access on it. I'll check the weather a couple time a day. I'll check my email at least that often. I'll check stocks just for a little depression. I don't bother with Safari unless I'm nowhere near a PC and need to check a site. I've put a few movies on it, but only take time to watch one when I've got time to waste. That only happens when stuck in an airport or on a plane fora couple hours. Lately I've been comparing movies on the Touch against the same movie on a couple of new players with AMOLED screens. Do that and you'll pray Apple puts an AMOLED screen on the next Touch.

9. Funplex macrumors regular

I don't use the touch for music at all. It's a fantastic PDA, but it's a horrible iPod. The controls suck, and the battery life is terrible.

I just use my iPod 5th generation for music

10. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Not music. I use the touch mostly for internet, email, and listening to downloaded podcasts of news and radio talk show programs. Also play a Backgammon application a lot.

11. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

I have some music on mine, but not a huge amount. I like hearing new stuff, so I use Pandora a lot. I also get several podcasts.
    I did download one old movie and watched it (Plan 9 From Outer Space!) but deleted it when I was done. I can't really see watching movies on this tiny screen except maybe on a long plane ride.
    I have Pocket Informant which I expect to use a LOT (just got it, previously used SaiSuke). I check my email,weather,do a bit of web surfing.
    I'm an OR nurse, and at work I frequently use a drug database called ePocrates.
    In the middle of a case, I'll sometimes use Google to get information about the type of surgery that I'm circulating on. Our OR radios have MP3 patch cords
    so I'll often ask the surgeon what type of music he or she likes, and find it on Pandora. A happy surgeon makes my day MUCH easier.

12. HrPeanut macrumors newbie

i have just a little music.

I dont use it all that much because I find Pandora the most useful. Givin I am always in range of a wifi.

It may be beneficial to get into it, save some room.

13. macfan881 macrumors 68020

if you keep your wifi on and use it for music and video at the same time yeah thats a big energy killer when your not using the i always turn it off. if you do that i get the average life for a ipod plus if your not in a dark place and you have plenty of light lower the brightness. lil things like those improve the ipod touch alot!:D