Anyone NOT having problems with their new iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidpace, Jun 24, 2010.

1. davidpace macrumors newbie

I am anxious to get mine when I return home today from summer school at college but am frightened by all the negative remarks about it! Anyone completely satisfied with their new phone?

2. wishman35 macrumors regular

No problems here... you have to remember though that the ONLY people that are going to be on here once they get their new phone are those who are dissatisfied. Don't let it get you down.

The phone is a big upgrade overall and a major upgrade from the 3G. If you have any issues with it, they will probably be addressed by Apple fairly quickly and if you have any hardware issues they will get replacements hopefully in a weeks time.

3. DrQueezy macrumors newbie

Mine's been perfect so far.. (fingers crossed). However, I'm not going to keep it naked anymore. I hope Best Buy has the bumpers for sale because I don't really want to stop by the Apple store today.

On second thought.. I'm willing to bet that Apple will run out of phones at least by mid afternoon and I can waltz right in after that!

4. NYRGirardi5 macrumors member

mine is perfect too. don't let the minority of people having problems get you down! enjoy your new phone!!

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

6. nicole0112 macrumors newbie

So far so good. Neither my phone or my husbands have experienced any problems. The only thing I don't like is the fact that my local best buy doesn't have any cases!

7. ScubaCinci macrumors 65816

ScubaCinci

none that I have found thus far...checked for yellowing and signal degradation by touching/holding different areas. All good. I have noticed poor 3G performance today but I chalk that up to the network because I am seeing the same performance on my 3G iPad.

8. jallenclark macrumors regular

Mine is working great, I need to find a case today though.

9. bobdigi macrumors regular

So far so good. No yellow splotches that I can notice. I ****ing love this thing.

10. spacehog371 macrumors regular

I got my phone to replicate the antennae issue once.

But, since then, no matter how I hold it, it doesn't lose any signal.

I'm loving the phone. Camera is awesome!

11. iPhonedHome macrumors 6502

12. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

no problems here, 5 bars of service all the time (so far) and no yellow screen :)

13. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

My screen is perfect but I have had a couple of problems.

On more than one occasion, my text messages simply won't send on the first try. After I get the red exclamation point, I retry and it goes through fine. Also, I was doing a battery cycle and I left it unplugged overnight. It was at 50% when I put it to sleep and 31% when I got up seven hours later. Seems a bit excessive to me.

Luckily (or hopefully) these are just software issues that will be fixed with updates. Hardware-wise this thing is perfect. I love my clicky home button! :D

14. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

No problems so far today at all. I've also been trying to see if I could replicate the signal bar dropping as indicated on some of these videos going around with no success. Reception as good or better than with my 3G.

15. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I've said this in some other threads ->>

1000% satisfied!

16. littlegene macrumors newbie

Knocking

Received my iPhone 4 on the 23rd. Was really happy with it, until I felt and heard something large knocking around inside the unit (likely the battery). My wife's phone wasn't having the same issue. Called Apple this morning and they are overnighting another iphone 4 to me and they waived the regular $29.00 Advanced Replacement fee. Super customer service!

17. Rm.237 macrumors 6502

Same!

18. gehrbox macrumors 65816

gehrbox

Got mine yesterday, no problems.

19. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Just got mine. I have been able to replicate the reception issue a couple of times, but really for the way I hold the phone, it's not a huge issue to me. I do also think the proximity sensor needs adjusting. While holding the phone to my ear, it works just fine, but if you need to pinch it between your shoulder and your ear, it will come on. Even if you move it out a little bit, it will come back on. I'm sure this can be easily taken care of with an update. Screen looks amazing though. Also, I started a thread with the exact same title earlier, LOL.

20. c5ride macrumors member

No issues, no signal issue, love this phone!! Good luck and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!!

c5

21. supremeMilo macrumors member

Perfect so far, and my mom loves her "new" iPhone 3G.

22. tevans333 macrumors member

23. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

No problems here, but I'm still exploring and haven't made many calls. Currently debating the purchase of a bumper.

24. camarobh macrumors 6502

25. scotty33 macrumors newbie

Mines working just fine. No complaints. Its way faster than my old iphone 3g.