Anyone NOT looking forward to launch day?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appygirl82, Aug 16, 2016.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Though I thrive on the excitement of being one of those "first" people to get my hands on the new device each year......I am not looking forward to it!! It's either sitting online at 12am (or whatever time for the pre-orders) or being able to reserve one in the store (to set up on the AUP like last year). It's so time consuming etc!

If I knew the big rush would die down in a week or two I would just wait. But nooooo, there is ALWAYS weeks/months long wait times to get one. And i can't wait that long!!!!

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Last year's phones were really easy to get, at least for me. I ordered the afternoon preorders went up.

3. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

I don't care. This years iPhone will be underwhelming at best.

I will stay with iPhone 6S and iPhone SE. I will see next Nexus phone. If new HTC Nexus turns out to be great, I will buy that instead.

4. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I did the Apple Upgrade Program so I had to "reserve" one in store. It took me a few days but I eventually scored one. I see that the AUP plan is now online. Does Apple do a pre-order? I think only the carriers do?? Correct me if I'm wrong?

5. Altis macrumors 68020

I used to get so excited for new iPhone releases.

The magic is gone for me though. This isn't so much Apple's fault as just the natural result of matured technology.

We more or less know what to expect at this point, even moreso under Cook.

I'm more interested to see what gets done with the Mac lineup.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Apple allows you to reserve in store or ship to house. The day I ordered was the day last year that preorders went up. I may be using the wrong terminology (though I don't think so), but it was the day everyone stays up until 12am PST abd orders their phone.

7. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Yep. Sure is. Phones are a dime a dozen now - even more so than tablets. And what's really crazy is that most people use their phones for purposes other than talking to someone. Hence that's why the carriers have switched to free calls/texts and now charge you for data. I use my iPad 99 per cent of the time even for calls. My new Galaxy S7 Edge (which I bought last week) just sits there. My former iPhone 6S Plus looked exactly like a mini version of my iPad. Same apps, etc. I would rather look at a larger screen. Plus I am not one of those people who are glued to their phones - having to take it everything like a security blanket. I agree, the magic is gone.

8. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I am always looking forward to the next one. The exterior changes aren't really a deciding factor, it's still a new phone for me.

9. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I am torn whether to pre-order through my carrier (Next Program) or Apple (and do the AUP program??!!)

Which one do ya'll do?

10. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I actually purchase direct through Apple and select my Carrier. I actually prefer Apple being their check out process is more simplified than my Carrier. And Apple Offers free two day shipping with the exact same return process as my carrier.

11. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

I was about to say I'm not looking forward to it because the March event and wwdc were so bad.. But because they were so bad, this launch is probably going to be more exciting by default.

12. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

I'm always looking forward to launch days. The question is will I buy. Sadly I'm looking more at Apple Watch news because I avoided the 1st gen. But if there is a decent gift card deal I may get a iPhone. But not at full price. Even last year I got my 6S with a $200 gift card within launch week.

13. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

How did you get a gift card?

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

I'm not really looking forward to it because of the flood of all kinds of ordering and delivering threads and everything else that comes with them.

15. USF813 macrumors regular

Not me. I'm keeping my 6 for another two years after my contract is up next month.

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

There is no more excitement for me, because the phones are so predictable now with minor upgrades. Each year we will see a marginally better camera, and perhaps a new feature that won't be widely used until a later iPhone version (touch id, 3d touch, etc..).

The last time I was sort of excited was when the 6 Plus came out. At least it was a bigger screen.

17. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

There is really no difference. You can do a 24 month installment plan (instead of IUP) through Apple and pay exactly the same as you would on NEXT.

Some people try both sites (Apple.com and ATTwireless) on pre-order morning. First site up is the one that gets the order. I personally prefer to deal directly with Apple when practical.

Also, about your original post about it being time consuming....I'm not sure it could be less so. It's like 5 minutes. I set my clock for 2:57AM EST, tap through a few screens and I'm done at 3:02AM. I don't even get out of bed!

I guess one day our chip implants will order for us while we're asleep, but I've got no complaints in the meantime ;)

18. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

This year is a write off for me. Sold my 6S Plus earlier and got an HTC 10. When Apple catches up, I'll come back.

19. machtv macrumors regular

never been to a launch day and i never will... i have a life.

20. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

If you order it online once Apple accepts the pre-orders, you'll be fine.

I really don't understand getting it another way. No need to wait on lines, or chance that they don't have the model you need if you get it locally.

21. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

I went with my partner for the 6 pre order date in UK. It was only US outside. I thought there would have been a big line. That was at Carphone Warehouse as there wasn't an Apple store.