Anyone NOT receive their receipts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xleedaniel, Jun 11, 2009.

1. xleedaniel macrumors member

I went to an actual apple store and preordered the iphone 3gs. But I havent gotten my receipt in my email yet. How long does it take for the process to go through and I get a receipt?

2. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

3. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

yeah i did =T

4. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

I ordered mine on apple.com and it took about 24 hours before the confirmation/receipt email showed up. They've probably got a bit of a backlog.

5. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

thanks!

6. Zarile3 macrumors member

I placed an order this morning for a white 16gb 3Gs. I still haven't received an email yet either. They did take my money though, haha. I am sure we will get them eventually, it is always nice to have that though, that means it's good to go and no worries. I figure if I don't receive it by tomorrow afternoon I will call and see what's going on.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I pre-ordered my yesterday and got receipt of the order an hour later.

8. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I received my confirmation email but I realized I made a mistake when I ordered! I paid with two credit cards with two different billing addresses (only entered one address). On the Apple store though it says that if you use two credit cards they have to have the same billing address (didn't realize that until after!). If I got a confirmation email does that mean it worked anyway?

9. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I've been waiting more than 72 hours for my online order confirmation. I've called twice and both customer service reps assured me that I'd still be getting my phone, but neither could tell me why I haven't gotten an email yet.

10. auero macrumors 65816

I canceled my last order because I didn't get an email confirmation. I thought it was something I did wrong? But I see I'm not the only one now. I ordered late last night and then reordered this morning.

11. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

My best guess would be that they are playing catch up with the confirmation/receipt emails. I was able to order mine within the first 5 minutes the Apple online store went live after the keynote so I got my email within a matter of minutes (maybe 2 or 3).

12. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I pre-ordered last night, and got the e-mail around 3:00 PM today.

13. Zarile3 macrumors member

Tobe, that sucks.

Well the only reason I am wondering with mine is because I shouldn't be eligible for the upgrade, but it says I am.

Let me explain.

When I first went to At&t, I bought a Sony Erricson, back in March of 08. Originally my upgrade was for August 3rd, of 09. I was more than willing to wait. About 6 months ago, I was given an original 1st gen Iphone, because part of the screen was cracked and the guy didn't want to sell it. Yesterday, just for fun, I went onto the apple site and tried to upgrade, not willing to pay the 400 or 500 dollar price because I have only a little over a month for a 200 or 300 dollar price. To my surprise, it said I was eligible for the upgrade. I imagine that somewhere in the system when they were updating it for the upgrades, my line was shown as upgradable due to the 1st gen Iphone being on my line. So I decided to talk to the wife about it, and see if she was ok with me spending the money now. I was given the ok, and I ordered it this afternoon.

I just hope they don't realize the mistake over at Att, and cancel my order without me knowing. Either way, I don't mind waiting till August, but I would rather know sooner than later whether I am getting it next friday or not.

14. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I don't think they would pull your order. Your eligibility was already in the system and you've already placed your order. It would be pretty screwed up if they did though.

15. Zarile3 macrumors member

I got home from work and checked my email, my confirmation receipt was sitting there waiting for me. Good to go! hope you got yours too Dan!

16. B.A. macrumors regular

Ordered mine Weds morning at 8:19, had my email at 8:20. Hope you get yours. Maybe just call the apple store and have them resend the receipt email?

17. xleedaniel thread starter macrumors member

its been 24 hours now sadly i still did not get it ^^;. its no biggie though i should just call them and see whats going on. friday cannot come any sooner right?!?! lol

18. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

My first order was a 16G s I got the receipt really fast, I canceled and ordered the 32G it took about 24 hours to get the new one