Anyone not touch their Macs since Friday?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by vincenz, Mar 18, 2012.

1. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I know I haven't. Well, I shouldn't say that. I used it for maybe 2-3 minutes and then realized it's more comfortable using a tablet when doing everyday tasks. Was a good weekend :p

2. Icarus73 macrumors regular

Ha! I just fired up my iMac and told my wife, "I haven't touched this since Friday..." She couldn't believe it.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

While I certainly spent a lot of time this weekend on my new iPad, I still used my Mac a decent amount. Different devices with different uses for me.

4. Macclone macrumors 6502

I hardly ever use my Mac since I got my iPad last year. Partly because it is starting to have some issues. It is a 2006 model so it is getting a bit dated.

5. Akack macrumors 6502a

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

I actually use mine for work and the iPad couldn't even touch what my Mac Pro is capable of.

7. Sharkoid macrumors member

My first iPad! Sadly my Mbp has been in the corner since Friday lol

8. urkel macrumors 68030

Ive spent more time on my MacBook Air 11" than my iPad since friday.... because I'm preparing to sell it. I just don't need two ultraportable computers so I'll probably dump it and get something next gen.

9. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yep, I am on my MBP now. I had to finish some projects that I couldn't do on my iPad...well, maybe I could have, but I would rather do it on the computer.

10. JajoPGH macrumors regular

11. Oppressed macrumors 65816

Oppressed

I have a MacBook air and I used that as a reason not to get an iPad after all this time. Now that the iPad has come out with a killer feature which being the retina display I have not used the MBA since. I feel kinda bad for it...

12. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

I haven't used my Mac as my primary device since I got the first iPad 3 years ago. The iPad is better than a pc for me as I cant get the same reading, news paper and social media experience on a computer.

13. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Friday i didn't, but saturday i was back on the main machine.

14. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

I haven't touched a Mac since 2009. (iMac to be exact)

Windows computer all the way :D

15. Steelers7510 macrumors 6502

Steelers7510

I feel bad for you.

16. Imalexsilva macrumors newbie

Nope pretty much haven't used my Mac since I got the iPad 3 just sits there doing nothing. Actually I do go on it from time to time just to make sure all the torrents are downloading and maybe starting a new one or two.

Loving my iPad 3 or new iPad or new thing. Whatever it's called it's awesome

17. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

Yes, exactly. Although I love it, I haven't gone near my 2.26 Mac Mini since getting the new iPad. The iPad is so much more comfortable than hunched over a desk with a large keyboard and staring at an immobile monitor.

Tim Cook was right. The lines are blurring between the formalities of the desktop/laptop and the mobility and ease of use of the tablet.

18. Lunchb0x8 macrumors 6502a

/fixed

But honestly, I used my MBP more than the iPad lately, as I have spent hours converting HD MKVs to HD MP4s so that I can watch some 1080p goodness on my new iPad!

19. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

I've had to use my MBP for school and to transfer videos to my iPad, but that is all I have used it for since Friday.

20. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

i only fired it up to sync my iPad and just to print out my homework and then actually used it for the first time to do my homework sunday night, the iPad has been my life haha

21. Djay1 macrumors member

I'm a bit surprised at the number of responders who haven't been on their computers. Of course it's just the beginning of the work week for many.

For productive work i.e. data management, photo processing, etc, etc the power level of the computer is obviously vastly greater. Granted the productive capability of the iPad has grown.

It is a shock how my 27" iMac's screen has "degraded" since enjoying the new display of the iPad v.3. ;)

22. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

23. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

This a 100% true story--

When I got my new iPad home on Friday, I didn't unbox it all the way. Just took it out of the FedEx box so I could admire it. I also suggested to my wife that we take the kids outside for a walk since it was a GORGEOUS day out. I figured we should get outside for awhile because I was going to be stuck in the dungeon hooked up to iTunes to get it all restored after the kids went to bed.

I totally forgot that I was going to do a "Restore from iCloud" this time. My tower had already been shut down since the day before and I didn't even need to turn it on. In fact, I didn't even go downstairs to my evil laboratory. I set it to restore, plugged it in to charge it up to 100%, and got on with my evening. When it was all done restoring, I was in heaven.

24. fan09 macrumors newbie

I don't think I'll be using my Mac (or even my iPod Touch) when I am home, anymore! The new iPad it is, for me! My first one :)

25. mcl macrumors regular

I haven't touched my MBP since Friday. Though I really need a browser with more than 9 tabs. Mobile Safari isn't cutting it for me. Unfortunately, I haven't found an alternate browser I like yet.

It's a shame Firefox or chrome haven't been ported (at least, not that I can find).