Anyone NOT updating to 10.5.1?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by zub3qin, Nov 18, 2007.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I am seeing a lot of problems being posted here and elsewhere with the 10.5.1 update.

I am reluctant to upgrade to 10.5.1 since I really don't want to have more problems.

Is anyone else not updating to 10.5.1?

Also, it seems to me that the the update took care of none of the real issues that people had with 10.5.0 -- so why was it released?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The number of problems you are seeing is really disproportionate, no one posts "Hey my upgrade to 10.5.1 went really smooth, what gives?" They only post when there are problems.

And what are the real issues that should have been taken care of in the first update? I think the finder losing data is a major issue that needed to be taken care of before a lot of the other GUI and non essential service issues to keep data safe and on your computer.

3. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

Robert is right. I'm planning on installing Leopard on my new mbp (buying used, shipping this week).

My main issue will be deciding between a clean erase and install or an archive and install. It seems that the later is a better option but I'd rather just erase and start over.

4. CavemanUK macrumors 6502

CavemanUK

Ive installed 10.5.1 on my Core Duo Macbook Pro, an Alu iMac and a G4 iMac and the update went smoothly on all 3.. Its certainly a step forward im my humble opinion..

Which real issues are you talking about? the biggest issue I had heard of was the data loss when moving to a missing external drive which has now been fixed.

5. DanB91 macrumors 6502

it fixed some weird hdd issue i had so idk what ur talking about.
    there's no reason NOT to upgrade. it actually fixes stuff

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I have updated 4 Macs and its gone smoothly, but a friend had a problem and had to Archive install...

7. torpy macrumors regular

I'm not updating. Tried it once and my MBP refused to boot, had to restore from a Time Machine backup to get it running again.

8. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I've heard enough.
    I wanted Stacks to be improved, the Notes app attachment/images bugs to be fixed, and more iPhone/Mac features (ie syncing notes) .

I'll wait until 10.5.2 I guess. I hope Apple fixes these.

9. theman macrumors 6502a

I updated and really saw no difference at all. I wasn't really having any issues other than a few stability problems now and again. With tiger i was TOTALLY confident in the stability. Now it sort of feels like i'm back to windows because of the occasional program freeze, beachballing, etc.

But I just had to use a computer with Tiger on it today and found it frustrating (the old finder really did suck!), so there is really no way i can go back. I just hope the general stability will improve.