Anyone notice a voice quality difference with iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Jun 28, 2010.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2008
    I don't know if it's just me, but i've tried 4 other iphone's, and they all sound muffled a bit. Or like the other person is in a tunnel.

Anyone else kind of hear this too? I have not tried EDGE, i've made all my calls on 3G.
  2. vansouza macrumors 68000

Mar 28, 2006
    West Plains, MO USA Earth
    I have been told without asking that people I call can hear me much better that is more clearly on the i4g:)
  3. eyyyephone4 macrumors newbie

Jun 16, 2010
    The people I've talked with sound much cleaner and crisp. This goes for the other end as well, they said I too sound better. No complaints at all here. Definitely an upgrade.
  4. ginsengbomb macrumors member

Jun 16, 2010
    My wife noticed that she's much better able to hear my voice over background noise, which is quite helpful given how often I call her when I'm walking down the sidewalk downtown (I live in a major city). On the old phones this was a constant and huge complaint -- background noise was extremely loud.

...shoot, wait, it's the iPhone 4, it is totally unusable or something, amirite?
  5. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2008
    this is the ONLY difference i've noticed. iphone 4 to iphone 4 sounds muffled. I think it's noise cancelling, because when I pop it to speaker, I sound amazing apparently.
  6. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Mar 3, 2009
    I've found quality is a bajillion times better, even iphone 4 to iphone 4.

On my 3GS I used to have a horrible time calling another 3gs, especially if they were using BT.
  7. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2008
  8. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Jan 15, 2010
    east coast
    Even with 1 bar of service in my left hand it is still clear as a bell. Way better than old 3gs
  9. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Jun 19, 2010
    No, no difference. But then, I'm using a Shure mic + headphone combo. It's been extremely rare when I actually use the phone next to my head.
  10. skafia macrumors 6502

Apr 4, 2010
    I just noticed it today, iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 sounded deep and clear.... Then I got a call failure, haha.
  11. kas23 macrumors 603

Oct 28, 2007
    A friend told me she liked my old phone better. She says it's harder to hear me. I went on to explain that I probably wasn't holding the phone correctly.
  12. nosser macrumors regular

Jan 25, 2005
    everyone says I sound better than when I had my 3gs. But then I'm not having any of the issues that everyone else seems to have.
  13. diabolic macrumors 68000

Jun 13, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I've had a couple of people tell me it sounds better than the 3GS I used before. I think overall the voice quality of other callers sounds better too.
  14. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Jul 31, 2007
    LOL...noise cancelling battle.