Anyone notice a voice quality difference with iphone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vivithemage, Jun 28, 2010.

1. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I don't know if it's just me, but i've tried 4 other iphone's, and they all sound muffled a bit. Or like the other person is in a tunnel.

Anyone else kind of hear this too? I have not tried EDGE, i've made all my calls on 3G.

2. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I have been told without asking that people I call can hear me much better that is more clearly on the i4g:)

3. eyyyephone4 macrumors newbie

The people I've talked with sound much cleaner and crisp. This goes for the other end as well, they said I too sound better. No complaints at all here. Definitely an upgrade.

4. ginsengbomb macrumors member

My wife noticed that she's much better able to hear my voice over background noise, which is quite helpful given how often I call her when I'm walking down the sidewalk downtown (I live in a major city). On the old phones this was a constant and huge complaint -- background noise was extremely loud.

...shoot, wait, it's the iPhone 4, it is totally unusable or something, amirite?

5. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

this is the ONLY difference i've noticed. iphone 4 to iphone 4 sounds muffled. I think it's noise cancelling, because when I pop it to speaker, I sound amazing apparently.

6. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

I've found quality is a bajillion times better, even iphone 4 to iphone 4.

On my 3GS I used to have a horrible time calling another 3gs, especially if they were using BT.

7. vivithemage thread starter macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

8. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Even with 1 bar of service in my left hand it is still clear as a bell. Way better than old 3gs

9. jacollins macrumors 6502a

No, no difference. But then, I'm using a Shure mic + headphone combo. It's been extremely rare when I actually use the phone next to my head.

10. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I just noticed it today, iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 sounded deep and clear.... Then I got a call failure, haha.

11. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

A friend told me she liked my old phone better. She says it's harder to hear me. I went on to explain that I probably wasn't holding the phone correctly.

12. nosser macrumors regular

everyone says I sound better than when I had my 3gs. But then I'm not having any of the issues that everyone else seems to have.

13. diabolic macrumors 68000

I've had a couple of people tell me it sounds better than the 3GS I used before. I think overall the voice quality of other callers sounds better too.

14. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

LOL...noise cancelling battle.

[​IMG]