Anyone Notice Ebay Items Don't Ship From Where They Are Listed?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by matty1551, May 30, 2014.

1. matty1551 macrumors 6502

This seems to be happening more and more to me. Has anyone else noticed this? Many times my items do not ship from where they are listed.

This usually isn't a big deal, however sometimes I do buy from specific sellers and even at higher prices based on an items' location being near me.

End Rant

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I very rarely encounter this but it's due to sellers drop shipping, which is when a distributor ships items directly to consumers and the seller keeps no inventory of the item.

3. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

I had that happen to me a few months ago. I ordered something that was listed in Arizona but the tracking # showed it coming from China. I immediately emailed the seller and gave a call to eBay. Although, I had to wait a certain amount of time before opening a ticket with eBay. Thankfully I got my money back and eBay issued a return label for me to send it back.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Quoted from Wiki:

"Drop shipping is a supply chain management technique in which the retailer does not keep goods in stock, but instead transfers customer orders and shipment details to either the manufacturer or a wholesaler, who then ships the goods directly to the customer. As in retail businesses, the majority of retailers make their profit on the difference between the wholesale and retail price but some retailers earn an agreed percentage of the sales in commission, paid by the wholesaler to the retailer."

It is quite common these days. People selling on Ebay do not always have the space to keep large inventories. Need to get use to it. It is going to get more and more common I believe.

5. matty1551 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have no issue with drop shipping but the sellers should have to specify. Almost positive this is against eBay's TOS anyway.

6. crzdcolombian macrumors 6502a

crzdcolombian

if you buy from a small seller it always ships from the right spot. Sketchy things like uniforms are always from China. If you get a 100 dollar player jersey for 30 bucks with shipping. Yea its a rip off from China. Just like everything else buy smart.

Or 2-3 HDMI cables for 1 penny plus 2.99 shipping. I don't care where they say the factory is in the US. Its coming from China.