Anyone notice how close the Concept was?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nonm, Nov 8, 2016.

1. nonm macrumors regular

nonm

2. fs454 macrumors 65816

It was based on an actual leaked chassis that showed the touch bar area before the screen or keyboard was fitted in, so they had a lot to work with. Still pretty cool though.

3. xb2003 macrumors 6502

xb2003

I did notice.

With the rumors being Touch Bar and 4 USB C ports, I feel like extrapolating what the machine will look like is fairly simple.

4. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

Apple waits till somebody creates a concept they like, then they move forward with production. That's why these machines took so long.

5. xmonkey macrumors 6502a

That leaked casing was really on point, even down to the exact cutouts in the touchpad area. Seems they've been testing these for quite awhile.

6. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

As others have said before me, the leaked chassis provided ample details of the final product's dimensions.

However, I'm surprised Martin (the maker), did not anticipate the use of the new hinges, as these had already been implemented in the Retina MacBook and were reported to be in production long ago.

Do wish the OLED portion of the Touch Bar extended all the way to the edges as seen in the concept though.