Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
I've been using my iPod touch for about 5 months now. its a 16gb and it has about 8 gigs free. but lately, its been lagging when I go to do things like check my email. it'll just freeze up for a while. and, while I'm typing, the keyboard doesn't move with my finger; it just stays on one letter and sometimes I have to reboot it or wipe the iPod completely. Has anyone else noticed this problem? ive tried taking some video off - it goes a little bit faster but its still pretty unbearable. Help?

Craigy

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2003
New Zealand
I've been using my iPod touch for about 5 months now. its a 16gb and it has about 8 gigs free. but lately, its been lagging when I go to do things like check my email. it'll just freeze up for a while. and, while I'm typing, the keyboard doesn't move with my finger; it just stays on one letter and sometimes I have to reboot it or wipe the iPod completely. Has anyone else noticed this problem? ive tried taking some video off - it goes a little bit faster but its still pretty unbearable. Help?

Also, you could try 'closing' applications when you are not using them. You can do this by holing the home key down for a few secconds in each application you want to close - stops my iPhone occasionally 'lagging'

friekunater

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Also, you could try 'closing' applications when you are not using them. You can do this by holing the home key down for a few secconds in each application you want to close - stops my iPhone occasionally 'lagging'

what do you mean? the only application that it would affect would be safari. no other program just runs in the background. and I tried to hold it down for about five seconds and I went back to safari and it was still runnning.

w00t951

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I had the same problem with mine. I tried to make it go to sleep, and it didn't solve the problem. What did work, however, was holding down the power button until the power off menu poops up, and then turn it off. Turn it back on, and then it will solve the lag problem for like around a week, at the least.

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
My iPhone was lagging badly for quite some time running v2.1 firmware (I never installed v2.2). I recently updated to v2.2.1 firmware and responsiveness has gone back to normal now, actually everything seems much faster than before. I don't know if it is v2.2.1 that did it or simply clearing and restoring the iPhone that did the trick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.