Anyone notice "Notification" is not displaying the message?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LarryJoe33, Nov 6, 2017.

1. LarryJoe33 macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

I believe my iPhone 7 was like this for a while after unboxing, but when I get a text or a notification (from ESPN for ex.), all it says is "Notification" then it will eventually show the message or pushed information. It's strange?

2. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

No, it's a feature. It will display the notification content once you authenticate with FaceID.

3. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

the X will check to make sure it is you before displaying the contents of a notification. There is probably a setting to change this specific behavior.

4. vinitmenon macrumors regular

vinitmenon

It will display your notification content once it detects your face.

5. AMTYVLE macrumors 6502a

AMTYVLE

It's to protect your information from prying eyes. The notifications will turn normal once the iPhone detects your face.

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

7. MacintoshDan macrumors 6502

The TouchID phones have the option to do this as well until you place your fingerprint on the button. I shut it off on my 8 plus, but I turned it back on with FaceID on my X, as it is more transparent.

8. xspin macrumors member

xspin

You can turn this off by going to phone's Notification Settings and setting the default to show preview. This bothered me originally as well.

9. LarryJoe33 thread starter macrumors 68000

LarryJoe33

Thank you, I just changed it to always show vs. when unlocked. Strange how some settings restore and some don't when restoring from icloud backup.

10. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

i actually like this feature. lately a lot are wanting to "see" my new iPhone. good to be able to show them without them wanting to read my notifications.