Anyone notice scuffing with the white iPhone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ikare, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ikare macrumors member

I use a DLO holster leather case and because of the work I do, I wrap the polishing cloth around half the phone, to avoid scratches and scuffs from hitting the table etc...it works, but I noticed with the white, it's leaving a black mark on my phone, anyone else have this issue and can anyone suggest a good holster case, vertical, that will not scratch or mark the white? Thanks in advance!

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i had a krusell case that i returned today but i had the same problem. it wipes right off, but i think its going to happen. You can try getting a white case? I purchased a Sena ultra thin pouch but you can check out their Elega case. Looks nice in white.

3. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Check out the Waterfield Suede Jacket, I have it on my white iPhone and haven't had any problems with it. It's the best case I've ever owned. Keeps the phone looking brand new and whenever I set my phone down on a table, etc I just place it on top of the case to protect from scratches, etc. My chrome on the Apple logo, bezel, and buttons are all still pristine. As is my screen and plastic back.

Best of all it's only $9 + shipping. I got the one with the pocket though so I can have cards, etc in it when I need. Highly recommended and the customer service is superb!

http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm

4. ikare thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys! I didn't realize that the black from the polishing cloth would come off on the phone and not come off, maybe with these cases, I won't need to wrap the phone and it will be better protected!

5. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

the elega case is really nice, thats what i use on my 8gb. i got the croco brown, and the inside wont do anything to your phone at all. its pretty soft.

6. ikare thread starter macrumors member

Do you have a link?

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I would say at least 75% of the scratches/marks on my last iPhone were caused by putting cases on and taking them off.

8. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/iPhone-3G-Cases/APPLE-iPHONE-3G-ELEGA-POUCH

http://www.applestore.com/us/product/TP574LL/A?fnode=home/shop_iphone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTQxMDI

and heres a review
    oh and just so you know, this case fits the 2g and 3g fine. theres no different case for the 3g. and it fits pretty snug, i turned it upside and shook really hard and nothing happened.

http://justanotheriphoneblog.com/wordpress/2007/10/08/review-sena-elega-iphone-pouch/

9. Nerd.Alert.com macrumors newbie

Just put it in your pocket with nothing else. Works fine for me, no scuffs or scratches. I know that doesn't help your case situation, but try it.

10. ikare thread starter macrumors member

Thank you all, I guess since it's white, you really notice every mark, and I'm trying to keep it nice LOL go figure the cloth and the case meant to protect it would hurt, darn DLO case...

11. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Ya know what works well. Those magic erasers that clean surfaces. I used it on my gf's white ipod and every little dark scratch and mark disappeared.

Might wanna try that if you get something dark rub off onto the white surface.

12. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

13. ikare thread starter macrumors member

Ohh, that's a good idea, I didn't even think of that, think I'll try that...