Anyone notice the iPhone 5 crashing / stuttering more now?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by aircanman, Nov 9, 2013.

1. aircanman macrumors 6502

As title really, I fear iOS7 is going to become too much for the iP5, which would encourage users to go for the later models, I have found my phone to be a little buggy lately, at times not as smooth as it was before, this seems to have come in with 7.0.3, anyone else?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Not here. But I'm jailbroken on iOS 6.1. I have no intent to go to iOS 7 until there is a jailbreak out.

That said, it's my understanding the iOS 7 works fine on the iPhone 5. Maybe you should try a restore?

3. aircanman thread starter macrumors 6502

Did a restore but it loads the same settings as I have to restore it from a backup, otherwise it will take forever to put everything back on it and make sure the settings are right, maybe this is the way to go!

4. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

I doubt it, even my 4 is not laggy as people make it out to seem on ios 7. I know it's missing some features from ios 7.

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

ive noticed my screen sometimes flickers weird when opening apps such as words with friends or facebook. it doesnt do it for other apps though.

6. iMacFarlane macrumors 65816

iMacFarlane

iOS7 devours my 4S battery in half the time as iOS6 did.
    My iPad 3 now stutters and lags between apps and when turning on.
    My iPhone 5 is much harder to use with all the thin, oddly sized and oddly placed UI elements. A box with an up arrow? What the hell do I do with that?

Across the board, all three devices are less than they were running iOS6, and the largest common problem is the insane lag in using the onscreen keyboard. Click a few letters, click the toggle to enter a number, wait a second or two (NOT an exaggeration), then click your numbers. Wow.

7. kage207 macrumors 6502a

My problem is that the white Apple logo comes up during application use from time to time. A lot of crashes too in stock apps. I have an iPhone 5S. :/

8. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

sounds like a springboard crash from an app issue, not necessarily ios 7.

9. kage207 macrumors 6502a

It happens on the Home Screen and in apps. Though the apps that come ore installed on iOS crash a lbit doesn't always bring the white Apple up. So ya, iOS 7 is just buggy.