Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Updated to iOS7 on my 5 this evening and noticed that when using the music app the phone is indicating that data (little spoke circle spins constantly) is being used. iTunes match is off, automatic downloads is off and I turned off cellular data for music as well and sill when I'm in the app it says data is being used. Is anyones having this happen?

Cancelled
Feb 18, 2009
Is anyones having this happen?

Yes I've seen that. I don't use Match or anything that should require data in the Music app. That said, I've seen the infinitely spinning network indicator in Safari too on web pages that I'm certain are fully loaded and not doing anything behind the scenes (i.e. pages I've written).

Likely just a quirk of a major OS update that'll get ironed out in due time in some point release.

Merkyworks

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I hope that is the case but before I turned off cellular data I was watching it continue to rack up KB's when just listening to music I had on the phone. Like you said I'm sure it a bug to work out.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Try Settings - Music - Show All Music = Off

I've seen sporadic reports that sometimes a song selected is streamed from the cloud instead of local device. The above ensure you only see/play tracks that are local. Not sure if this is your issue but worth a shot...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.