Anyone notice the new "Apple Mail To Do" folder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by schulzmc, Oct 27, 2007.

1. schulzmc macrumors regular

It's got my To Do's from my Mac. I can delete them on the phone and they delete on the Mac - but cannot edit them and they have no info like due dates when viewed on the phone.

Somethings happening!

2. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks

Where is this folder?
    Okay I figured it out. Wow, I'm surprised there isn't more documentation on this. I have my to dos and my notes on the iPhone.

3. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

It's new in Leopard and only works if you have a .mac email account.

Both notes and To Do's sync via IMAP and .mac to the phone. You can not edit them or create them on the phone yet (but if you make a note and try to ad a To Do button to the note you get a message stating it wont be editable on the iPhone - something thats not possible now so there is a iPhone update coming for this IMO).

The To do's show up as an email message with no content (the "from" and "subject" lines are filled with the To Do information).

Notes look like a normal email - except for they hold the same style as the notes on the Mac - yellow background etc. Links and pictures show up and links work as well. This is a great way to get links onto your phone without syncing it via iTunes.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I don't have a .mac account, so I'm just curious... do these appear under the "notes" icon or under the "mail" icon?

5. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

Under Mail. There are two mail boxes under the .mac email called "Apple Mail To Do" and "Notes."

These did not appear for me on the phone until I actually placed an item in them via my Mac.

6. hyddan macrumors member

I don't think it's that fancy. I messed around changing all my emails from pop to imap today and I think its just a folder apple mail creates on the imap server, holding to do's. I'd say it's just the way to do's are implemented in the mail.app.

Could always wish for a shiny new feature though :)

7. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Way to resurrect a two year old thread! :eek: