anyone notice the price drop in refurb MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by makleod, Jan 24, 2011.

1. makleod macrumors newbie

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You can't look at refurbished units and their prices as anything. The prices vary on any given day and are not an indication of anything.

3. makleod thread starter macrumors newbie

Strange, I've been following the refurb prices for a while, and it's been at $1,019 for at least 3-4 months. Just thought it was strange it randomly dropped $20.

4. BigMoo macrumors member

You should really take a look around before you post something. No sense in making more than one post when you can just add your input to another post about the same thing.

This post was started yesterday.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1084729

5. makleod thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry my bad. I check this forum once a day and I must have missed that other thread.

6. baxingo macrumors member

7. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I noticed some other drops as well, which prompted me to cancel my order for a new decked out 15" MBP to wait and see what prices the old ones will be at once the new ones are unveiled.. Might pick up a Mac mini with my Apple gift cards instead though.

8. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Some people are too testy.

It was a one-off thread. Very easy to miss.

Its not like you asked when the new MBP are arriviing.

9. cmdslick macrumors newbie

So did I. I had been waiting to get one till I had enough money and was going to use the developer discount that my company had. But apple did away with that and the refurb that I purchased was exactly what I was going to get originally and at almost the exact same price as the developer discount. I could have sworn the exact setup was $200 more last time I checked.

10. Cdumitru78 macrumors member

Saw it too, been looking at getting one for a while, so I finally pulled the trigger. It is due here later today, cannot wait, it will be nice to finally get rid of that old while Macbook.

11. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Huh huh,, you know when the new MBP is arriving?!?!

Is Steve coming back?

Can I jailbreak my iPhone?

Sent from my iPad2
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

12. Cdumitru78 macrumors member

Got the refurb, and a nice present from apple

Just to follow up on this thread, I got my laptop, everything looks perfect, it came in two days. To my surprise, Apple bumped my HD to 500gb, that was a pleasant surprise.

13. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

14. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

The upgrade has happened in the past when buying a refurb. You never know what you get with these things. :D

15. ExiledMafia macrumors regular

Good News

Yes I saw that it happened ~3 weeks ago, don't know if its just something apple is doing or if it means something. Though I dont think apple would do it just for fun.