Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Hey I updated the patch a few days ago and I've noticed I'm getting killed more often because like everyone is lvl 55! I'm 35 atm so there allot better than me. I used to come in the top 3 in ffa alot but now Im lucky if I come 4th I usually come 6th, out of about 20 people

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Well as I find in CoD4, the level ranking is basically how long you have played the game. It is easy to rank up if you play a lot. And in turn, if you play alot, you unlock better upgrades and different weapons.

I play on Xbox live and find that I play with level 55's all the time, in every game. But I don't find that they are any better than I am. Some games I do great and the 55's do bad. Some games I just do terrible. I am a level 30.

Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Yeah, your right in a way because I'm lvl 35 but I would say the I'm the equivalent to like lvl 45, and yeah in ffa just then was against most lvl 55's and came 3rd which is decent

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
It's not the level, it's the skill. Even though I'm a 23 or so right now, I'm actually far better than that implies because I have extensive experience playing on both the PC and console versions of Call of Duty 4 – and don't start with that 'console versions are dumbed down' because that doesn't matter, you can be good playing both versions, and I am.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.