Anyone noticed the new "look" of Google?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by 66217, May 16, 2007.

1. 66217 Guest

In the home page, the button of Images, Video, News, etc. are now on the top left corner.

Previously they where below the Google logo.

I don't know why, but I don't like how it looks. Is there any way to return to the original look?

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I haven't noticed a way to change it back, but I'm a big fan of the new look. Much cleaner, IMO.

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

4. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I like the new streamlined look, and I'm really starting to like iGoogle, so long MSN.com, so long...

5. Frankf300 macrumors regular

Frankf300

I personally don't like the new position of the buttons. I always find myself searching for the Images and Web button now until I remember it's in that new spot. Eventually I'll get used to it, but I liked the old style better. Two thumbs up for iGoogle though.

6. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, I noticed this a little while ago as well. Subtle change, but I like it. I'm all about efficiency and minimalism. :cool:

7. Shotgun OS macrumors 6502a

Wow. I don't like it. Not to say I'm lazy or anything, but the buttons are too far away from the search button. I know it sounds crazy, but it's just not my thing. I haven't visited Google homepage since last school term, so I didn't even know it changed. :p

8. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

haha i ve been using google everyday for like the last two years, and can you guys believe i never noticed it until you brought it up???lol

9. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I am with you there...I didn't notice a thing.

Now that it has been mentioned I do notice the changes but I tend to read what I am looking for, rather then just clicking on where it has 'always' been. So it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

10. amd4me macrumors 6502

11. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I like it, but they need some better themes for iGoogle. (Where did that name come from anyway?)

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Been using igoogle for a while and i love it.

13. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

I find the change kind of jarring, but then I realized that I rarely--if ever--visit the google home page anymore, opting instead to use the built-in toolbar in Firefox/Safari/whatever.