iPhone XR Anyone Noticing Increased Sensitivity In The XR?

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2016
We just got our XR's last week and my wife and I have both noticed that these phones are incredibly sensitive compared to our old 7's. Siri comes on whenever you so much as look at the side button. Go to double click when you're using Wallet and Siri will show up and interrupt your purchase. My wife had her phone in her purse the other day and it apparently moved around enough that the phone engaged the Emergency SOS feature and dialed 911. While we love these new phones, the many times it activates something you didn't want it to is rather irritating. And Apple Pay is nowhere near as easy as it previously was on the 7. I thought putting it in a case would solve the issue, but it's still an issue.

doboy

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2007
We just got our XR's last week and my wife and I have both noticed that these phones are incredibly sensitive compared to our old 7's. Siri comes on whenever you so much as look at the side button. Go to double click when you're using Wallet and Siri will show up and interrupt your purchase. My wife had her phone in her purse the other day and it apparently moved around enough that the phone engaged the Emergency SOS feature and dialed 911. While we love these new phones, the many times it activates something you didn't want it to is rather irritating. And Apple Pay is nowhere near as easy as it previously was on the 7. I thought putting it in a case would solve the issue, but it's still an issue.
This is my first non-Touch ID phone and I don’t find the power button that sensitive.

Gudi

macrumors 68030
May 3, 2013
Berlin, Berlin
I thought putting it in a case would solve the issue, but it's still an issue.
Yes, this is a real issue and Yes, putting on the thinnest available case solves it completely.

Look at all the unboxing videos, several Xr arrive already booted up in the box, because the side button pushes itself on transport.

#sensitivitygate