Anyone noticing iPhone4 battery degradation after after OS 4.0.1 update

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by camholder, Jul 25, 2010.

1. camholder macrumors newbie

Ever since updating to OS 4.0.1 I'm finding my iPhone is hardly lasting a day, even with fairly light use. It also seems a but warmer than it was (although that could just be the hotter weather we are having on London right now).

Has anyone else noticed this with their phones? I download a lot of apps so I'm not sure if it's the OS or an updated app that's misbehaving.

2. sleyeu macrumors 6502

Yep, i get really bad battery life.

It gets very hot from just going to this website and i lose around 15 - 25% battery loss overnight.

How is everyone elses battery from 10 mins on wifi (safari) and just standby?

And what settings should i put to save battery life?

Recommend me going to the apple store?

3. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

My iP4 runs well on the update. Battery run times have not changed. I also use wifi a lot. No problems.

4. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

My battery is going down fast too these days but on first thought I connected that to Skype multitasking. Now you made me think it might be the last iOS patch.

5. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

6. sleyeu macrumors 6502

how long does you battery last and what do you do in that time?

7. StuLax18 macrumors 6502

Mine seems to be going down faster, but I am using it more. I now have Pandora playing for about 4 hours during the day. I think it is mostly due to more use at work so that I'm now at like 30% when I get home rather than 80%. For example, it's at 89% now after 12 hours with much less use.

8. jman240 macrumors 6502a

I had the same issue. I did three things, not sure which on fixed it.

First I killed every app in the history / multitasking area. I realize these aren't running but I also know that if you reboot, it still saves that history so the only way to clear it is to force close each app or whatever you want to call it.

Next I reset network settings.

Finally, I rebooted and charged to full. Phone seems fine now. Back to awesome battery life.

I only noticed to begin with when I woke up to a phone that was 25% lower batt than what I went to bed with. Now I lose about 1% overnight.

Always a good idea to reboot after an update anyway. IE, turn phone off. Wait a few seconds. Turn phone back on.

Hope this helps.