Anyone on here use a blackberry with their mac???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jkramb, Jul 3, 2009.

1. jkramb macrumors member

Unfortunately because there is no iphone on verizon i had to go with a blackberry storm. Does anyone else with one know how to connect it to a mac to update the software and such. It seems as though windows is required, but i really don't want windows taking up space on my hard drive. it seems like there has to be some way to connect a blackberry to a mac. help please?

2. KoolStar macrumors demi-god

KoolStar

3. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

There are various applications for you to connect/sync to your Mac but none that offers software updates.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

RIM just released an app for Mac that lets you sync media onto the BlackBerry device. No software updates, although that could have changed since I used it quite awhile ago.

6. jkramb thread starter macrumors member

are you refering to "pocketmac" i tried that and it didn't recognize my blackberry.

7. kap09 macrumors 6502

there was recently a set of updated drivers released for newer blackberrys (bold, storm, 8900, etc) it comes as a separate download and may solve your issue.

that said, pocketmac is really a horrible piece of software. and from my experience missing sync isn't much better. i finally went exclusively with google wireless sync.

8. benny2k7 macrumors newbie

Pocketmac is trash

Pocketmac, the sanctioned software, simply did not work for me & my bb curve. Updated the drivers, did w/e, and it didn't work. Then I plugged my phone into my friends Sony Vaio (vista) and everything worked & synced in a matter of minutes. I was astonished that no functional program exists for OSX. RIM sucks in this dept, I'm very disappointed.

9. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I don't know how long or how far along in development RIM is in, but they have a Desktop Manager for OS X in the works. For now, it's through Fusion for updating my BlackBerry.

10. coolbreeze macrumors 65816

I use this with my Bold to sync my media:

Blackberry Media Sync (beta) OS X

All my calendar/contacts are in google and I just use google sync. No direct Mac sync necessary. iCal-->GCal-->all synced with spanning sync. The cloud keeps everything current.

Works great.

11. Panzo macrumors 6502

Guys micheal jackson died and all you can think baout is syncing your blackberries, what has this world come to?

Oh and i use missing sync also

12. colonels1020 macrumors regular

colonels1020

You seem to have really liked the guy. It's a shame you can't even spell his first name right. :(

13. Panzo macrumors 6502

he made good music, its sad i dont remember his name but his horrifying premortem face is forever burned in my memory.

THREADJACKED

[​IMG]