Anyone on verizon edge? How to preorder new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikelegacy, Sep 9, 2014.

1. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Will the online pre-order be any different? I don't know how it's going to work since technically you only pay like the $40 or whatever the first month's payment is for the Edge plan.

I'm really hoping I can still preorder day 1.

2. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm looking for the same answer. I have no idea how this works.

3. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

Actually I just got the answer from verizon chat. Seems like you can't pre order the iphone 6 if your on edge. Also,you can only do a 2 year agreement with pre orders.

4. morrison22 macrumors member

morrison22

So, for example, I could order an iPhone Plus 128GB on release day - Sept 19th - via Edge if I am currently on the Everything More plan by switching to Edge. I am about 1 year into my contract and I heard Verizon will upgrade you to Edge from Everything More if you are within a week of your 1 year anniversary. Wouldn't I be able to select any iPhone model for $0 down and pay monthly? This is what I gathered from my research. Please correct me if I am wrong. Also, What are the chances of it being readily available?

5. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

I was just told on Verizon chat that you can indeed pre-order with Edge, assuming that you are eligible. If you are eligible, the pricing option will just show up automatically.

6. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

I've heard so many mixed things about this. Lots of people on here saying no Edge preorders from Verizon website, but every Verizon employee I've talked to says it's a go. I know it's not available on Apple's site(Next is), which is a real bummer. Anyways, I did Next last year and would really love to do Edge this year if at all possible.

7. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

So if I add a new line I should be able to edge right? Hopefully I don't wait up all night for no reason.

8. mikelegacy thread starter macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I was told that you can pre-order on Edge as well. Are you already on the edge plan?

I am already on Edge, so all I have to do is make my qualifying payment, plus the first monthly installment and I'm good to go.

I still owe 2 payments to pay half the phone off (what is required before Edging up), so I anticipate that I will owe about $100 when all said and done tonight :)

9. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

I'm currently on edge but I wasn't sure if we would be able to make our qualifying payment tonight Or not. I currently have $225 to pay off which isn't to bad.

10. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

Anyone on verizon edge? How to preorder new iPhone

Two year agreement is cheaper for anyone looking for a single line plan. Can't go wrong with a 60/month plan for 2gb data and unlimited talk and text(on Verizon). Perfect plan for me.

11. SLUSaintsFan macrumors newbie

Edge preorders from Verizon

it is not true that you cant preorder a iphone 6 or iphone 6 pluss from Verizon on the Edge service because I just did this last night. The only thing about it is if you do it can take up to a mounth to get your iphone 6 pluss because they are getting so many orders for the iphone 6 plus that they cant keep up.