Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
I'm not sure if it's something to do with my MacBookPro (Oct 2011) or Mountain Lion but about one in 3 or 4 times I try and close a window by clicking on the red button it won't close (I can click on it as many times as I like but it won't close). I have to move the window slightly and then it works. It's not to do with where the window is placed as it happens everywhere. It's driving me nuts and I can't find anything on the web about it.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I'm not sure if it's something to do with my MacBookPro (Oct 2011) or Mountain Lion but about one in 3 or 4 times I try and close a window by clicking on the red button it won't close (I can click on it as many times as I like but it won't close). I have to move the window slightly and then it works. It's not to do with where the window is placed as it happens everywhere. It's driving me nuts and I can't find anything on the web about it.

Make a new User Account, logout of yours, better is to restart and login onto the new User Account, same problem or not, if not your normal User Account has problems.

lloyd709

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
Make a new User Account, logout of yours, better is to restart and login onto the new User Account, same problem or not, if not your normal User Account has problems.

Thanks but I've already tried that and I get the same problem with both accounts!

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Thanks but I've already tried that and I get the same problem with both accounts!

You can do quite a few things more, for instance, download 10.8.3 Combo Updater from Apple's and reapply the Update.
This is the easiest thing you can do.
You should also check out if there are any strange files inside the below folders:

/Library/LaunchAgents
/Library/LaunchDeamons
/Library/StartupItems
Also look inside your home folder for these folders, they are not there by default so if these folders are not there ignore them.

One question, you did not use any of the next Apps did you?

MacKeeper
ClenMyMac
CCleaner

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.