Anyone order 2016 MBP, then cancel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vipergts2207, Oct 27, 2016.

1. vipergts2207 macrumors 68000

vipergts2207

Has anyone ordered a new 2016 MBP, only to turn around and cancel it? I ordered a 15" with Radeon 460, and then found out the 16GB of RAM these things are shipping with is outdated DDR3. I could deal with Apple using year old processors since Kaby Lake isn't out yet. I could even handle the massive price increase. But I don't think I can in good conscience pay this kind of money for outdated memory in addition to the above. Think this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and I will probably cancel. I've got at least a few days to think about it, but I think I might wait and see what Apple has in store with Kaby Lake, whenever that may be. Besides, when the rMBP's launched the first new revision had a price drop IIRC.

2. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

Yup, ordered, then canceled, and went back to my old & trusty Ice Cream + Kleenex Pro.

3. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

I can't cancel mine yet as it's still showing as processing, but I will be as soon as I can.

Just ordered a MacBook from John Lewis at pre-event pricing saving £250 on the Apple store price and including their 3 year warranty.

Happy days :D

4. LilBethan macrumors member

LilBethan

I want to cancel mine, but can't yet. I want to change the configuration slightly and add more ram.

5. Ries macrumors 68000

Why wait for a model to be obsolete and cheap to produce, just launch it obsolete :)

6. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I wasn't really planning to buy before today, but have really been wanting a newer graphics card so I can run 4K external displays. I was really impressed with the Touch Bar, and my rMBP is over four years old now which is the longest I've ever held onto a Mac. So I thought "Maybe I'll pull the trigger!" Much like you, I went to order, and saw there was no 32GB RAM option. This, on a machine I had already spec'd to $3500! Seriously?!?? So I got on the forums and saw that it wasn't even using the latest processors, and my emotion turned from shock to disgust. My mid-2012 rMBP has 16GB RAM. In what world does this make any sense after 52 months to not even offer a RAM upgrade for cash money??