Anyone order a 3.2GHz Mac Pro + ATI 5870 from Apple recently?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by jjahshik32, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm curious as to how fast Apple ships? Does it come from China? If I order one right now, does saturday count as a business day? Is it worth paying $50 for the expedited shipping?

I'm just trying to estimate when it would arrive as I have work and long hours of school all week this semester.. So I want to make sure I'll be home to at least receive it.

2. goMac macrumors 603

When it ships Apple will give you a delivery date/timeframe.

3. 2contagious macrumors 6502a

2contagious

I'd say fast ship should take about a week to be built, shipped and delivered. normal delivery should take about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

4. robfromsa macrumors newbie

Order feedback

Yep. I ordered one last Saturday, and it will be on my doorstep tomorrow! :)

5. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Ordered on Monday and delivered on the following Monday. Shipped from Texas.

I did not get a "prepared for shipment" status update. Just went from ordered to shipped.

cheers
    JohnG

6. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Shipped from TEXAS?? Sweeeet.

I'm from Houston Texas. Hehe.

7. jedijoe macrumors 6502

jedijoe

Mine also shipped from Texas. Previous Macbook Pros and PowerMac I've ordered always showed fedex from China to Alaska to destination.

This recent Mac Pro started in Texas. Apple must be shipping them in bulk first to US distribution centers.

8. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Apple has a large facility in Irving Tx. I believe they do the final MP BTO assembly there. There's also a training center at the Irving facility.............. hopefully not training on the MP's. ;)

You can download a signature release form so that the FedEx driver can leave the MP without an in-person sig. That's what I did.

cheers
    JohnG

9. MaxiKana macrumors newbie

For the europeans finding this thread:

I ordered a 3.2 quad on monday, shipped from Cork, ireland on tuesday and should be with me next tuesday. Shipped to Helsinki, FI.

10. Jaygyver macrumors newbie

3.2/Quad/-5770-/$50 2 to 3 day shipping,

Ordered Sept 27, shipped FedEx from Texas Sept 28th, made it to my city in Wa. state at 07:44 "am" on the 29th and sat there ALL @&%#$ DAY, "Package not due for delivery", I even called to see if I could pick it up and they said NO, GAAaaa! Delivered on the 30th.