Anyone order from bumprs.com in the UK?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cal6n, Jul 12, 2010.

1. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I thought it worth having a thread to track any progress regarding orders from this fairly new company.

I ordered 2 bumpers from them on Thursday and received an email from "Alessia" that night explaining that my order would be despatched by today at the latest and that it'd take 2-3 days.

Anyone ordered and received theirs yet?

Anyone heard anything different from them?

Anyone ordered from them through ebay?

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I'm very baffled by these guys - I found them a few weeks back on eBay and posted a link on here - the site looked dodgy to me as they were using images of apple bumpers, selling apple keyboards for half price etc etc.

They then joined these forums and posted that they would give away some bumpers(due to the bad press they were getting...mainly from me;)), just had to put your name in the thread... Which i did... But the thread looks to have been deleted?

So yeah, I have no idea if they're genuine or not - but either way eBay is full of third party bumpers for around £4 so I'd just go with them

3. willmiz macrumors member

Also wondering what is going on.. Never recieved responses to any of my emails I sent them.

4. appleboyy macrumors 6502

yeah i ordered 2 sets, there now reduced to £6.99

no replys to emails :(

PayPal dispute in order??

5. appleboyy macrumors 6502

just this minute had a reply to my email:

6. dub-77 macrumors newbie

Are they reading this ????

7. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

From the pictures I gathered from their poorly coded site they are nothing more than cheap knock-offs. The silicone/tpu type, they arent even close to the original Apple product...they are basically the same as the eBay ones from china and that other orange one that has been posted a few times today here.

these "bumprs" have no metal buttons or a plastic reinforced frame...but they use real bumper images on their site to lure you in and perhaps trick you.

8. dub-77 macrumors newbie

Have you bought one from them??
    Just wondering if they do exist??

9. cal6n thread starter macrumors 68000

cal6n

Not yet, although if I haven't received anything by Thursday I'll start looking at options.

Could be, or it could just be a coincidence.

Yes. Thank you captain obvious, but the purpose of this thread is not to feed off each other's smugness. It's to track whether they're scam artists or purveyors of cheap but worthwhile tat!

10. Cynikal.Mindset macrumors 6502a

if they do exist...which is likely since they are readily available from china and the price reflects that. You're better off getting them direct from china for like a buck and change each

11. appleboyy macrumors 6502

i've been talking with them for a while, before i bought..

they come from Italy :apple:

12. dub-77 macrumors newbie

What the bumpers do?
    I thought they said they came from foxcon in china?
    EDIT:
    Just got a reply they assure me they are / have sent all orders.
    Watch this space...

13. dub-77 macrumors newbie

14. cal6n thread starter macrumors 68000

cal6n

Yep!

I received my 2 bumprs (1 red, 1 white) through the post this morning, so at least we know they're not scammers.

They're pretty much what I expected, flexible one-piece mouldings rather than the intricate dual-compound construction with inserted metal buttons that Apple employs. That said, they're fit for purpose: they stop your hand from bridging the antennae; they'll protect your phone from bumps and scrapes and they've got enough of a lip on both sides to keep the glass surfaces away from any desk-inhabiting detritus looking to inflict scratches on you beloved!

Here's the red one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the white one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Interestingly, they're 2 different designs. The red one employs moulded "false buttons" to operate the sleep/wake and volume controls, while the white one has cut-outs. The mute switch is easily activated in both designs. For volume control, the arrangement on the red one works well enough, but the size of the holes on the white one make the buttons all but unreachable by my (unbitten, slightly-trimmed) fingernails. At the other end, they have different style cut-outs for the dock, mic and speaker. Personally, I prefer the layout of white one but neither impacts on my usage.

All in all, these will do the job well enough for most people. Are they as good as an Apple bumper? No, I don't think so. Is an Apple bumper worth 5 times as much as one of these? Again, I don't think so.

15. dub-77 macrumors newbie

Received my pair today aswell. As the op said not quite apple but they will do the job 100%.
    Thanks to bumprs.com ;)

16. barachus macrumors regular

so they dont actually have metal buttons like the pictures on their site? what a rip off!

i'm glad you guys are happy with ur purchase but i would feel cheated if i bought those, might as well just but the £1 ones on ebay

17. dub-77 macrumors newbie

They might not have the metal buttons but they do fit well, not baggy at all.

18. barachus macrumors regular

well, all their pictures on their site had metals buttons which gave the impression that they were copies with metal buttons, which may have justified the extra price for their knockoffs
    even my £1 china copies fit well and are not baggy at all
    if you are happy with them then good for you, i am glad i didnt order from them

19. cal6n thread starter macrumors 68000

cal6n

I looked on ebay and couldn't see any £1 jobbies. That was a while ago, though. I bought a black PVC gel-skin type case for £2.99 but I prefer these.

I'd rather have a real Bumper© but not at £25, though.

20. cirial macrumors regular

Dude they are £0.01.. Even being in the US that sounds like a steal to me. Why not get one?

21. barachus macrumors regular

£0.01? they are £6.99, the 0.01 is the 'free' one
    forget the price for a second, am i the only one that has a problem with them advertising and having pictures of one thing and then actually sending something completely different?
    like i said if you guys are happy then good for you

22. al2010 macrumors newbie

not sure what to write here.

hi guys, am ivan, i work for bumprs.com am just here to clarify a few things. i am not here to support the company i just work for them.

the people are bumprs.com are not scammers, we have had alot of orders and hence we have been really busy with some orders being late, for which i can understand some people not being happy. However if you note from our rather rubbish first website we were only expecting shipment on the 10th, and deliveries a few days later.

anyway am glad a few people have liked the products, in fact we worked day and night to get them selling before any other company.

for the chap that doesn't seem to be content, and has mentioned he can get them for £1, i would be gladly like to buy 120,000 units from you if you can get me them at that price, am sure the team would be more than happy to buy them off you.

sure there are cheapers ones out there, most made from silicone, but they never fit properly with baggy sides etc. i know this because i was paid to ensure we get the right size.

anyway i dont want to promote the company, but am just here to clarify a few things.

from our research alot of the bad word going around is from certain ebayers, whos business has been affected by the low price the company offers.

normally these retail for £9.99 on online shop, and the protector for another £6.99 at least, so you are getting 2 bumpers, and a screen protector for £9.99 and your still not content?

anyway, am happy that all those hours day and night in the warehouse, did bring some delight to a few people, we have been receiving alot of emails with good words. with many opting to buy wholesale.

and for those that are still complaining surely you are welcome to buy from apple.com its only £30, if they have any in stock.

23. al2010 macrumors newbie

just a note.

anyway like i said i just work for them, they pay my salary, and they are a good company just here to clarify certain things, to the admin am here as a personal member not on behalf of the company

24. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Guess they all arrived today then!
    Green and blue are the design with covered buttons and one big slot at the base. Blue is actually quite a pleasant shade, but the green is more a grey hued pale yellow.
    And the screen protector: too short at the top, too short at the bottom, earhole too large, and the home / ear cutouts slightly closer to each other than ideal.

Yes, a little misrepresented, which isn't good. But I guess they're worth what they cost. Would probably not advise people to patronise based on the false advertising, but for a decent cheap option, they fit well.

25. Googlyhead macrumors 6502

Technically, mine was slightly early, or at least well within the expected delivery dates.
    No, it's not a scam. There was an initial amount of scepticism, but this is understandable due to the way a website has hastily been set up to cash in on the bumper-mania, offering goods at discounted prices.
    I think now that people have had deliveries, there's no doubt you're shipping a product; but as most have noted, the accuracy of the description is a little off.
    They're not copies: this would require the design to be almost identical, possibly with different materials and lesser QC.
    They're barely based on the same design: (ignoring the lack of button inserts), different bottom cutouts on the coloured options, and different button holes on the white?
    A few better pics, and more accurate description wouldn't go amiss. (edit: I see this is no longer a problem!)

Of course, if anyone does produce a cheap copy of the apple option; I'm interested. Particularly if more or custom colours are available - this is what I was really hoping for here. :(