Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jorbanead

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 31, 2018
Has anyone ordered a mini from a reseller (like Adorama or B&H) and recieved their mini? What is the typical shipping times for BTO configurations?

I purchased a BTO i7 mini from Adorama on Nov 11th. They have told me they drop-shipped the order directly from Apple, and will update tracking info once it’s shipped. It’s been over a week and a half and I haven’t heard anything yet.

I know BTO options take more time to configure, but even Apple’s website claims the same BTO option should arrive within roughly 10 days.

Ptyger

macrumors demi-god
Nov 20, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I ordered an i7/8/256 from Adorama on Monday, and received it yesterday, as it was briefly in stock. I can’t speak to the BTO process and ordering it from Apple through them, but mine shipped very quickly.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
I've ordered from both, but not a Mini (yet?). Just chiming in to offer that both observe and close for Jewish holidays, keep that in mind. OTOH, I'd ordered a product from each of them and they were delivered by FedEx around 8 a.m. the next morning - I was in PDX at the time, B&H and Adorama don't mess around with shipping, and that was their "normal" expedited shipping, no extra charge...

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
I've ordered one Apple device from B&H (late 2013 Mac Pro), and the experience was excellent. They don't offer BTO options, but they usually have several configurations available, one of which will fit most users needs. But I prefer ordering directly from Apple. Everything (including the machine and Apple Care) gets registered right in their database. Their shipping is just as quick. Everything else I've bought over the years has been from Apple directly.

tom29786

macrumors member
I've ordered one Apple device from B&H (late 2013 Mac Pro), and the experience was excellent. They don't offer BTO options, but they usually have several configurations available, one of which will fit most users needs. But I prefer ordering directly from Apple. Everything (including the machine and Apple Care) gets registered right in their database. Their shipping is just as quick. Everything else I've bought over the years has been from Apple directly.
I have bought 3 mini from B&H, plus a cell phone. Great to do business with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.