Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Yea I did too, got it today what a piece of crap!

I'll bet right now this rush job is not going to fit at all, and the camera will be obstructed.

A total waste of money!

If this is true, I hope they are good with returns.

what is amazon vine program?

Some reviewers of Amazon products are selected to be part of their Vine program where Amazon sends them free stuff to review. I have often seen reviewers get free high priced items like 2 TB hard drives and digital cameras. Yes, I am envious. LOL

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Yea I did too, got it today what a piece of crap!

I'll bet right now this rush job is not going to fit at all, and the camera will be obstructed.

A total waste of money!

That sucks. I've returned things to HHI before, you just have to pay return shipping.

I ordered the Targus TPU, and it's showing shipping soon. With one-day delivery if shipped tonight I should get it either tomorrow or Monday. I'll take some pics and hopefully I'll have an iPad to put in it. :D

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
That sucks. I've returned things to HHI before, you just have to pay return shipping.

I ordered the Targus TPU, and it's showing shipping soon. With one-day delivery if shipped tonight I should get it either tomorrow or Monday. I'll take some pics and hopefully I'll have an iPad to put in it. :D

probably not worth returning, but where did you order the targus tpu, I cant find it anywhere live for sale, please post. link that looks like it will do the job....

Amazon states the Targus TPU: Usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks

Last edited:

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
It fits but its very loose, slips right off with out any effort!
I guess its a good short term solution, as it allows one to use many of the original cases until third party manufacturers get caught up and release new cases!

Worth the 12 bucks after all.

I do not see that Targus shipping anywhere anytime so so I don't know where this other poster got this info but it can not be right as Targus isnt even selling them!

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
probably not worth returning, but where did you order the targus tpu, I cant find it anywhere live for sale, please post. link that looks like it will do the job....

Amazon states the Targus TPU: Usually ships in 2 to 5 weeks

When I ordered it from Amazon yesterday it was in stock, but only for a short time before the status changed. It shipped today with an estimated delivery of Monday. Unfortunately, I did not get an iPad today and not sure if there will be any available this weekend. Regardless, I'll post pics of it, iPad or not.

Attachments

• targustpuorder.jpg
    targustpuorder.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
You wouldn't believe it. I had also ordered the Targus 360 case to decide which one I like better. The package arrived today and Amazon sent me woman's running shoes. :confused:

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
You wouldn't believe it. I had also ordered the Targus 360 case to decide which one I like better. The package arrived today and Amazon sent me woman's running shoes. :confused:

That's a little funny, but sucks at the same time. What's worse is that both Targus cases are now delayed by 5-6 days. :(

3goldens

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Born NYC Living in CT
When I ordered it from Amazon yesterday it was in stock, but only for a short time before the status changed. It shipped today with an estimated delivery of Monday. Unfortunately, I did not get an iPad today and not sure if there will be any available this weekend. Regardless, I'll post pics of it, iPad or not.

want to sell it?
:)

dr.devious

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
Truckee Meadows, NV
My Targus case arrived today. Overall, good impression. Very slim profile and the front cover easily bends around to be flush with the back. Color of the stitching matches the interior. I like how the entire iPad is surrounded with a soft inner lining. Another plus, there is no strap, but rather the front cover hooks around the iPad to keep it closed. Here are some quick pics:

I got the same case and like it but the top won't snap on the side if the left corners are snapped around the iPad... How is yours?

rkulpajr

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
I ordered this case and it is going back to amazon. I do not like the way it fits on the iPad at all. It has to be forced on and then in order to close it you have to man handle the case. This is the second case i tried for the ipad and just think I will wait for the cases that come out now that the products are being used to measure the cases.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I ordered this case and it is going back to amazon. I do not like the way it fits on the iPad at all. It has to be forced on and then in order to close it you have to man handle the case. This is the second case i tried for the ipad and just think I will wait for the cases that come out now that the products are being used to measure the cases.

That's disappointing to hear. I may have to return mine anyway if I can't find an iPad soon. Anyone try the 360 version yet?

awtryau89

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
I picked this case up at Best Buy. It seems they are getting them in stock. I got mine in Memphis. They checked the inventory and all stores got 3 in stock. They also got the rotating case but were already sold out at those locations.

As for the case, I like it but it's not perfect. The 1st case I walked out with did not fit well. It was very loose. I took it back in and tried the other 2 on my iPad. The other 2 fit very well. Overall this case is similar to the Marware CEO but just not as high quality. I plan on giving it a few days but if the Marware comes out in a few days, this is going back.

fairoasis

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
I loved my iPad1 and it's ZooGue case...then along came iPad2 and the smart cover. I just didn't enjoy holding the iPad at the angles I became accustomed to as I read, watch movies, and type. Today I picked up the Targus 360 at Best Buy and enjoy the iPad once more. Who would have thought a case made such a difference?

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
Im surprised at the negativity toward the Targus VuScape. I got it at Best Buy on launch expecting it to be a "filler" until real cases come out. But I ended up loving it.

Pros
- Very slim design considering the amount of padding
- Snug fit and does not slide
- Doesn't look like an iPad when traveling (safety)
- Origami case has several useful positions that match the Smart Cover

Cons
- Expensive
- Not as "cool" as Smart Covers

I really recommend these for anyone looking for a nice stealth case. but I do wonder how many times you can fold this before the pleather starts cracking.

porcupine8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2011
I just bought a Vuscape at best buy as well, and so far I like it quite a bit. I still might return it if something better comes along but i may well keep it. The "grabbers" hold the iPad in quite securely, opening and closing is easy but still feels secure, and when its closed it has a good balance of thin vs well-protected.

The one big downer so far is that I don't like the "third" stand position, which I guess is supposed to be for typing. It basically relies on the iPad leaning on the bent-over back cover, which a) is too low an angle and b) causes the iPad to bounce as you type. A third ridge in the front cover, about halfway from the second ridge to the edge, would be far preferable.

soshibo

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
got the 360 swivel on launch from best buy. i disagree with anyone that says it's not thick. it's pretty thick. one of the reasons i purchased an ipad 2 was because it was thin, and i wanted to keep it that way and returned the case in favor of the smart cover. keep in mind that targus case had awesome protection.

kimnicho

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Vine

what is amazon vine program?

I am a member and you get to select items from a monthly newsletter to KEEP and Review. It is by "invitation" only. I used to get lots of cool stuff like Flip cameras etc but lately, it's been mostly books and beauty supplies. Also, you get a "targeted" newsletters so even though others were offered the iPad2 cases, I was not:( Still, I love being a part of it ! And I joined Amazon way back which is why I think I was selected initially.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.