Anyone order through Apple Business before? How fast can they get a phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WolfSnap, Sep 17, 2014.

1. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

WolfSnap

I'm placing an order through my local Apple Store's Business Team... They claim there's a certain amount of phones they put aside for business purchases. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased an iPhone 5 or 5s in previous years through the business department, and how long the wait to receive the phone was?

2. Equation Train macrumors newbie

'We' (ie me and 4 others at work) tried to enquire about this as we do have a local b2b contact at our local store.

Bare in mind this is UK, so might be different policies oversease.

We were flat out told our company could not order the iPhone 6 separately, have access to any special discounts or separate stock allocations. As all stock is being managed by a regional (country in this case) centre, they had no idea how many units their branch would receive and were not able to allocate any for us.

We were advised to order through the website as with everyone else.

It seems even if you really spend with Apple, be it £20000 or £1,000,000 a year, there is nothing their business team can do.

While I agree it's fair to treat everyone the same, I am reading that phones ordered with a contract or by 'loyal' contract customers on certain networks are given priorities and the double standards here are somewhat disappointing.

In the office we consider Microsoft and Apple equally as arrogant and frustrating.