Anyone order through AT&T for a 24th pickup?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SCMedic, Jun 16, 2010.

1. SCMedic macrumors regular

I got my order in at my nearby store right when it opened. The sales girl told me that because I had the first 2 orders, I would have no problem picking it up when they opened at 7am on Thursday next week.

Now, I'm seeing online that pre-orders for in-store pickup are for the 25th? WTF? Anyone?

2. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

Obviously, the AT&T sales people can't be trusted, but I would assume they wouldn't tell me it was available for a launch day pickup when it really wouldn't be there till the 25th.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You assume incorrectly. We've known about this based on a PR from AT&T for a while now.

4. Centient macrumors 6502

I got mixed replies when I called local AT&T stores. Some said p/u on the 24th, some said on the 25th. I said forget it, and ordered online for home delivery...

5. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

If that is the case, that makes me mad. I asked her 4 times to make sure I could be there at 7 and pick it up, and she said, Yes.

I wonder if I can change the order to home delivery so I can get it on the 24th? I know one day is no big deal, but I'll be at work on Friday and not able to get it.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sorry, I shouldn't have said you assumed incorrectly. I should have said she told you incorrectly.

I'd contact her and ask her how she plans to resolve this.

7. SCMedic thread starter macrumors regular

I guess I'll be calling her at 10 today when they open. You have any idea if they'd be able to switch the delivery method?

8. bricknothitback macrumors newbie

bricknothitback

The woman at the ATT store said 24th or 25th. I wonder if the order tracking/shipment page will offer any clues as the day approaches.