Anyone ordered from Amazon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Watabou, Feb 28, 2008.

?

Where did you buy your Macbook pro(penryn)?

Poll closed Mar 9, 2008.
  1. Apple online store

71.4%
  2. Apple retail store

7.1%
  3. Amazon

14.3%
  4. Other

7.1%
  1. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

Just wondering where people bought their new penryn MBPs from. Anyone preordered from Amazon or did most people buy it from Apple store?

2. beharkey macrumors newbie

They aren't on Amazon yet, are they?

Ummm... I looked on Amazon and the new MBP's aren't on there yet.

Or am I missing something?

3. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

No, you can preorder. Search macbook pro and on the left it says "check out new macbook, pros, airs) click on it and yeah.

4. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

Pretty much everything I order online is through Amazon, although if I were to buy a computer I would buy directly through Apple.

5. KevinC867 macrumors 6502a

I love Amazon. Their prices are usually the lowest; I pay no sales tax in CA; and they have a good return policy. I buy enough from them that their Prime shipping program is a great deal for me. With the membership I get 2 day shipping for no additional cost.

They don't have the latest MBPs in stock yet but they probably will have them very soon and they have a $150 rebate going.

6. honeycrisp macrumors regular

Why buy with a middle man involved?

7. PDE macrumors 68020

Because for people who live in states with high sales tax like NY, buying the low-end MBP from amazon means saving $300! Also, amazon has better return policies should the computer have any kind of defect (even the smallest defect). Amazon is simply great.

8. Achiever macrumors 6502

Achiever

Amazon is absolutely great for things like this (no sales tax & no shipping) BUT, like most retailers in the Apple supply chain, they will not have inventory for several weeks. If you can wait to get a new computer for a month or so, then they become a very viable option. If you want your computer immediately, or if you have some kind of discount (student, education, etc.) then the prices are pretty much a wash and you can get the computer sooner.

It's sometimes a bit risky to buy from a middle man vs. direct from Apple, but Amazon is one of the better third party options.

9. Watabou thread starter macrumors 68040

Watabou

Yeah, Amazon has rebates too, which are not as much as the student discount but it comes pretty close after the taxes Apple gives you.

But Amazon still didn't receive their shipment. I want Os X + MBP now :(

10. sinking Stone macrumors newbie

11. gothamm macrumors 6502a

I hope amazon never, ever taxes in the future. Amazon is great.