anyone ordered ipad 2 from abt.com ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ansabakhan, Mar 19, 2011.

1. ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

3/12/11 a day after launch i ordered two ipad 2 on phone with abt.com (the rep told me it will be shipped next week)

i was changed for the full order amount the same day, now online it says back-ordered and if i call /email them they tell me they have no idea when we will get it in stock:( ...

i want to know if some one else ordered with abt.com as well..what experience did they have?

2. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

3. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

4. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

when did u order?

5. Jan8Mac macrumors newbie

abt ipad 2

Hi! I also ordered ipad2 from ABT March 12, 2011 over the phone and mine still says... BACKORDERED! :(

6. Mr. Biggles macrumors 6502

Ordered black 16GB AT&T version shortly after 5 PM 3/11/11. Delivered 3/16/11.

7. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i guess verizon one's are most easily available :(

any one got att 3g delivered

8. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

?

9. puljiun macrumors newbie

Just ordered a White 16GB Wifi today. Ship tomorrow! :D
    They had 300 iPad this evening. Sold out after 30 mins.

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

u talking about in store on online ? how you know they had 300 in stock ? all white 16 gb wi-fi?

11. puljiun macrumors newbie

Yep, the sale guy told me they just got 300 White 16GB in stock. They only accept phone orders.

12. Al'Lan macrumors newbie

iPad 2 Order from ABT.com

I ordered my 64GB ATT White from ABT on 3/11. Still getting the run around on when they will actually receive and ship the product. I even went so far as to try and contact a manager. All I wanted to know was have they received any ATT 64GB iPad 2s. They say they dont know what apple is sending them and that they continuously get shipments daily - but dont have any idea of what is being shipped to them.
    :confused: I dont see how they or apple are running this business.

13. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

were you charged for the order ? i was already charged for the same ipad you ordered on 13th ...and still says backordered ....

14. puljiun macrumors newbie

Just received my White iPad from Abt. It took exactly 3 days to ship :)

15. arthursiew macrumors 6502

arthursiew

Yesterday, UPS came 5 minutes before I got home. Today, they 'attempted' the redelivery and apparently they came at 12:29pm when I did not hear anyone knock or ring the door bell. I called UPS and they said they'll attempt to redeliver on the same day but they failed to show up. I called again and asked them to hold for pickup but they said that they needed the authorization from Abt to have them hold for pick up. Fine, so I called... and they REFUSED to authorize UPS to hold for pick up. Maybe they should have told me before I ordered it. Last attempt on Monday........... and I hope UPS will knock or ring the door bell before slapping the notice on my door.

16. Jan8Mac macrumors newbie

I thought u said urs was shipped "LAST FRIDAY" on your first comment.... But u just got it now.:confused:

17. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

this is very strange .. mine is still on back order! ... where half of the world got their ipad 2 i am still waiting for my white 3g / 64 g AT & T order on 3/13 on phone with abt.com

every time i call, i am told they are still back ordered ...

18. OCJeff macrumors regular

Guys, I really have to recommend either B&H or MacConnection. Both seem to get more regular shipments. MacMall purchases also seem to be pretty successful.

I would stay away from J&R and now it sounds like ABT, they just don't seem to be getting them. Plus both B&H and MacConnection have free shipping (MacConnection is free 2nd-Day Air). ABT Charges $15 I think.

-J

19. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yaa but both these places change sales tax for new york :(

20. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Don't you think a few extra $$ would be worth it if you got your iPad months before abt.com even got stock?? :confused:

21. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

yes thats for sure ! i did get one already ! this one is for my son to play with ... so its no biggy .. but its kind of surprising that i still didn't get it while most other places are shipping it

22. byeehaaw macrumors 6502

mine just shipped from frys.com yesterday. you may want to call them to see if they have stock. They didnt have a long waitlist but then again they barely get any either

23. thibaulthalpern macrumors regular

I would totally go with MacConnection too if they didn't charge sales tax for North Carolina! When I called MacConnection yesterday, they had in stock the ipad 2 32GB AT&T Black, exactly what I was looking for. But the sales tax charged would be a little more than the cost of a polyurethane Smart Cover, so I didn't order from MacConnection. :(

I'm still waiting my order to be completed from J&R.

If you're not in a state that MacConnection has business locations, they do seem to be a good one to get an iPad 2!

24. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i found another company called sweetwater.com they dont change shipping or tax but i dont know how good they are

25. Bloake macrumors 6502

Bloake

did you order from them? i wonder how quick they'll ship