Anyone ordered Single CPU in the UK?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by peejack, Apr 24, 2008.

1. peejack macrumors 6502a

Hi have just ordered a single 2.8 cpu MP today and the estimated ship date is 29th April and delivery date is 5-6th May!!!! Yikes!

Seems like quite a while from when they send it to it getting to me.

Has anyone in the UK order one of these and have some experience of how long they take to arrive??

2. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

A week isn't bad, considering it has to ship from Shanghai.

3. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

I thought they built the custom made's in Ireland, thats what the apple rep said?

4. Volante macrumors regular

Well, I'm from Sweden and got my quadcore from Ireland, with the same shipping time.

5. peejack thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok so now I got an email from Apple said the system has been shiped today (26th) instead of the 29th but now the delivery date sys 7th May (Subject to Change) :eek: thats longer than the first estimate when it was planned to be sent later! :(

6. tom. macrumors 6502

tom.

I wouldn't even bother checking it, it's a complete waste of time.

Its likely the machine is coming from Cork, Ireland. The first estimated time you will see, is the estimated arrival to the UK Distribution Centre (or at least it was for me). My machine arrived over a week early, so I would imagine yours will be pretty quick. Once it is shipped from Ireland, and reaches the distribution centre it may take 24-28 hours to be assigned to a courier, but once it is assigned, it should be with you the following day through TNT.

Wait until you get a TNT consignment number and you are away.