Anyone Own Cowboy Boots?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by njmac, Nov 29, 2007.

1. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Haha, well I'm not expecting a big response here but Google and Wikipedia are no help whatsoever. I just come up with a lot of different places to buy the boots.

I am buying a pair as a gift and I'm not sure what to look for.. some are all leather, some are leather but brushed fiber inside and some have leather soles etc.

Anyone?

(thanks! and sorry for the weird thread) :)

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

A few months ago I'd have thought this thread was crazy, but I ended up with a pair of Mark Nason boots... and I absolutely love them. Check out shoes.com, they're great for this stuff. You can find anything you're looking for... and their return policy is excellent.

Anyway, on the Mark Nason boots, if it's for a dude... or a chick... check them out. I got the Cabrillo ones, and I wear them every chance I get. They're bad-ass.

[​IMG]

3. njmac thread starter macrumors 68000

njmac

4. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I have a pair of Lucchese boots that are really nice. I like them a lot.

5. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I ride in Durango brand, good boot great price (tech junkie and backwoods girl, what more could anyone ask for!!!!!)

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Well, the first Q to answer is what function will the boots serve? Are you looking for a pair of dress boots that will normally be worn with suits? A pair of "everyday" boots that someone can wear to work or w/khaki's, etc.,? A pair of work boots for someone who is on their feet all day indoors or out? A pair of "going out" boots that might be a little flashier for when you want to paint the town red? And is are they for a man or woman.

Lethal