Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pbagaindoc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Looking forward to get one. Is Toast 7 compressing function as good as dvdonex ? Thanks in advance!

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
Works great so far. The compressing function works just fine, you won't need Popcorn. I haven't tried it with dual layer DVD's yet.

After G

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2003
California
The compression takes longer than other software (ffmpegx), but works okay.
I can't get it to burn a DVD+R worth a damn though, but it might just be my shoddy DVD burner. Haven't tried -R, so can't say anything about that. And dual-layer media is too expensive compared to 2 DVD+/-Rs.

CDs burn great, no complaints there.

And the mount ISO as physical CD function is awesome.

thvudragon

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2005
I've been very satisfied. Same easy interface as Toast 6, but it's functionality is far superior.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....my copy just arrived today so I have not had time to try it out much yet...but the features were enough for me to upgrade...and they were nice and quick with the 7.01 update to get rid of a few bugs too....oh yeah!

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
I was totally amazed. It gets rid of popcorn easily. And at last, you can burn music cd's with the ease of iTunes, but without having to use iTunes!

Yes, you could do that before, but not with just 2 clicks ;)

Also, I have noticed that it's faster than before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.