Anyone pick up OoT 3D?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by lilcosco08, Jun 19, 2011.

1. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

2. Nuck81 macrumors regular

I've tried several times to play through OOT in various incarnations (VC, GameCube)

I always get bored and lose interest around the time you have to feed Jibber Jabber the giant fish.

The only Zelda I really got into was Wind Waker. I beat Twilight Princess but mainly because I didn't have much else for Wii at the time...

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Zelda link to the past & wind waker were my two favorite Zeldas. I have played them all including the Philip's CDi Zelda games.

Playing through Ocarina on 3DS for the goodness knows how many times have I played this game before - once again. It's obviously unsurprising at this stage, but enjoyable none the less.

4. Entopia7 macrumors regular

Loving it so far. I was the guy who never got past the water temple on N64, so I am looking forward to actually finishing it. Looks great, plays great. This game was the deciding factor in my 3DS purchase. I picked a system up with OoT on Sunday.

5. Mac-Rumours macrumors regular

I know what you mean. I keep trying to play through OoT but every time I pick it up again I wander around for an hour trying to work out what to do and then don't seem to make any progress. Have you tried Majora's Mask – was it any better? I've got enough points saved up on the Wii to buy MM but I might get some Super Mario games instead. :?

I did want to complete OoT before playing WW but maybe I'll just give up on OoT or I'll never get around to playing Twilight Princess or the new Skyward Sword.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Majora's mask was a lot more convoluted with some rather irritating fetch / switch quests. I played it to completion, but it drove me to distraction on more than a number of occasions.

It had moments of pure magic genius, wrapped in a pastry case of old skool gaming hell.

7. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Majoras Mask is considered one of the best Zeldas of the hardcore fan base, but it is a bit different than your normal Zelda.

8. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I picked it up with a 3DS earlier this month. I'm on the master quest play though. Seriously one of my favorite games of all time.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah, and it's a bit good. Love the new models too. The last time I fully played through was on my 64 with a decrepit TV in 1998! The blurriness helped keep the game surreal and let me mentally build my own designs for things like the Skulltulas and some enemies that, in game for me, were just a complete mess.

Love how songs fade out between areas too. Really nice, subtle touch.