Anyone plan on keeping their free case/bumper from Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h1r0ll3r, Jul 23, 2010.

1. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Is anyone actually going to use their free case or are you going to list it on eBay as soon as you get it and use the money to get a REAL case whenever Contour decides to make their freaking Showcase case for the IP4?

2. GTghost macrumors regular

I think im gonna sell the Pixel HD and then buy a white candyshell.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'll probably keep mine because the one I picked IS a real case. ;) Speck Fitted. I would have preferred it in a color, but this'll do.

4. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I got the Speck Fitted too but the color is atrocious. If it was even in plain black I'd probably keep it but the whole plaid thing doesn't suit me that much.

5. Charadis macrumors 6502a

6. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

I'm keeping mine. I like having variety. This will be my eighth case, four of which were free (3 bumpers and free Speck).

7. Telecacher macrumors member

Whos gonna buy it when anyone with an i4 can also get one free?

8. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

People who like having choices...

9. h1r0ll3r thread starter macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

It's eBay man....people there buy stuff just to buy stuff. Someone will buy it even though there's a ton of them out there.

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Sorta. I honestly dont see why people would pay for free stuff. Maybe they havent heard about the free case, or dont want to wait 3-5 weeks for it to arrive.

11. Savor Suspended

Savor

Depends.

I will probably can get more insight with the PixelSkin HD on here from the posters and anybody else doing a review.

I really do like the looks of my bumper on my iPhone 4 that I may never take it out. I also use a holster case, so I never really worry to much if it drops out of my pocket.

We'll see... but I wouldn't be shocked if I can make a profit out of this. Apple overprices everything anyway and I want a little payback. They charge $30 for white headphones when it probably only cost less than $2 to manufacture. And those gray rubber padding scrape off around the ear buds. I get my $30 back and more if I want to.

If I sell it, will wait AFTER Sept 30. The later adopters will be all over the internet around Black Friday/Holiday season. Time to capitalize on them.

12. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I'm keeping it, because like every Apple product, it'll be worth $50+ ten years from now if it's still in the box unused. Will be good for when I need a spare $100.

13. lunch macrumors member

With the quantity apple is giving away, the selling price on eBay will be about two cents.

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Keeping pixelskin HD. Happy we had a couple choices and wasn't forced to choose a bumper which would've just sat in a drawer.

15. xyz1534 macrumors regular

I have a Case Mate Barely there case...will make a decision once I receive my Speck fitted case...

16. thisguy47 macrumors newbie

My PixelSkin HD is awesome. I ordered another and I'm going to return mine to Speck when it comes in.

17. kr00k322 macrumors 6502

I'm going to keep mine I grabbed a Pixelskin since I had one on my 3GS and I loved it.

18. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

I'm happy with the Rocketfish case I bought before the refunds were announced. But I got a Speck Pixelskin for a spare just in case. :)

19. Savor Suspended

Savor

After seeing multiple YouTube reviews of the Speck PixelSkin HD, I may just keep mine. We'll see until it actually arrives and if I change my mind. I can't really judge it until I hold it in my hand.

I didn't like the pictures of the case early on, but it seems in the videos that it will grow on me. The front part is similar looking to the bumper. The "PixelSkin" is the one that looks too bulky for my taste. The PixelSkin "HD" gives me less paranoia with the glass back even it covers it all except the camera/flash. I can be a bit more rugged with my phone and less anxious if I happen to drop it on concrete then if only with a bumper on. At least one side of the glass slab (the most shatter prone) gets completely protected and nomore applying fingerprints on that side either. Extremely pleased with my choice because clear hard cases suck, in my opinion. Scratches and showing lint gets me all OCD sometimes. With the black bumper already in hand, my choice looks to be an excellent alternative and even an upgrade to my bumper in some ways.

Got something to look forward to in September.