Anyone planning on buying more than one?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mchoffa, Mar 18, 2015.

1. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

Just wondering is anyone's considering buying more than one because they like more than one style. If I had money just to blow on tech that will be outdated in a couple years, I'd probably buy a space grey sport AND a space black SS to wear for different occasions. When I am looking at the hands on pics I can't decide if I prefer the sport or the SS. I've still got a few weeks to decide, but is anyone seriously considering getting more than one just because they can?

2. Mr.C macrumors 601

No. I don't see the point in buying more then one unless you have money to burn.

3. Esexx macrumors 6502

Esexx

I plan on purchasing 2 right at the witching hour, only because I am unsure which one I want.

I do not plan of keeping both of them though, just one.

4. mcz51221zz macrumors newbie

I will be buying 2. One for me and one for the wife. The reason the wife is getting one is because she never answers the phone when I try to call her, which is only when I need an immediate answer to something.

Since she taking care of an infant and a toddler, the phone is always on vibrate and she doesn't have "pockets" so the phone is always laying around somewhere in the house where she won't notice a call coming in.

The reverse could be said of me, where sometimes I'm away from my phone at work or I simply don't hear the texts if it's in my pocket and I'm busy.

5. ksuyen macrumors 6502a

ksuyen

Congratulations! You are the perfect target for :apple:Watch. Actually most people are, but few people seems need a solution (conveniently let the phone rings off for example).

6. mcz51221zz macrumors newbie

I don't mind paying for convenience and quality - IF the product or service gets used. $10/month membership to a gym if you never go vs paying $100/month if you go all the time. Which one is the better value?

We all experience this and I already know how useful the watch will be for me. If it was another brand, or something on kickstarted, I might be hesitant but so far, Apple has put out stuff I really like so I'm confident they'll make a great watch.

7. mchoffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you like something, it adds some sort of value to your life and you can afford it, why not? People waste a lot more money on a lot worse stuff every year.

8. melman101 macrumors 68030

I also will be buying two, one for me and one for my wife. She's going 38mm SS Blue Modern Buckle, and I'm going 38mm SS Milanese Loop. My wrist is 157mm so I think 38mm will be best for me.

I never hear my phone in my pocket. It's always on vibrate and I lost the sensation to feel the vibration. Just got too used to it. So can't wait to have the watch.

9. Bengy66 macrumors regular

I have flirted with the idea of buying an Edition for a temporary period of time to see what the market would bring. Along with the  Watch Sport that I plan to keep.

10. mchoffa thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I briefly thought about that with the SS, but a second later realized I'd be a jerk to everyone that actually wants it if I did that. Not going to take advantage of anyone like that. But you're probably right, for a brief time they will all go for a lot more than retail price if they sell out right away.