Anyone planning on buying the 8 first and then x?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TinaBelcher, Sep 18, 2017.

1. TinaBelcher macrumors 6502a

Are you going to hold out for the X even if it means that you're gonna have to wait until january 2018... or buying the 8 first and THEN sell it (or keep it) and buy the X? I'm sure some wants to have both phones. There were a lot of rich folks buying both sizes of the new iPad Pro gen 2. Wouldn't be surprised if people want to own a Touch ID and face id iphone

Personally, I've been wondering if I should sell my 7 and buy the 8, since my 7 is about to loose a lot of value due to the 8 and more so when X drops. I do want the X, but it'll be easier to sell the 8 after a few months then trying to earn back half the money I originally paid for my 7...

2. Kaffebreak macrumors newbie

Kaffebreak

Yes. Get the 8 on friday and then sell my IPhone 7 Plus. Wait for october and then order X. If it’s late i still have a ”new” iPhone for a while. My wife will be the new owner of the 8 as soon as X arrives

3. SaddleSC macrumors regular

Almost the exact same situation here. I am upgrading my 7 to an 8 Plus and will then use that until the X arrives, at which point I will pass the 8 Plus on to my wife:)

4. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

nice. I'm still unsure if I want to buy it from a store or wait a week or 2 and see if someone put an unboxed up for sale online and save 50-100$. Are you downgrading in size or planning on going plus again for 8?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 18, 2017 ---
    I'm considering going plus, too. I actually had the jet black 7 Plus but I got scared of ruining the color so I ended up wearing cases which added to the size and I decided to sell it and buy the regular 7 in mat black. I wonder if there's going to be screen protectors for the 8's back. I refuse to add more thickness to th phone with a case, which was the reason I sold the 7 plus.

5. Kaffebreak macrumors newbie

Kaffebreak

Will go back to the smaller one as I wait for X. Reason just to please my wife because she think the plus are way to big

6. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sounds like a good plan!

7. Arni99 macrumors 6502a

Sold my 7 plus 2 days ago.
    Using the Pixel XL now awaiting the iPhone 8 in 1 - 2 weeks. Next year very likely I will switch to the X depending on the reviews and opinions after it has been released.

8. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you're downgrading from plus to small? I wish I had a secondary phone right now. If I sell my iPhone 7 I'm phone-less. I always wanted a pixel as a secondary phone, but it's too expensive and not available in stores near me.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

I might. It will be the first time that I can have my 8+ and get the new X later in 2018. That would be great.

10. C5Longhorn macrumors regular

How do you like your Pixel?

11. Helmsley macrumors regular

Helmsley

I'd love to upgrade, but I'm just too happy with my 6s at the moment and I'd struggle to justify the cost for not much gain.

12. NBAasDOGG macrumors 6502

NBAasDOGG

Pre-ordered the iPhone 8 and will hand it over to my twin brother and purchase the iPhone X. If it's not delivered in November, I will cancel the pre-order, show a big middle finger to my brother and keep my 8 :D

13. TinaBelcher thread starter macrumors 6502a

Haha! Be prepared to wait past December :D

14. Arni99 macrumors 6502a

Runs smoothly on Android 8.0 without any hickups.
    But little things like navigating through websites by swiping left/right in Safari on IOS which is not available on Android make me come back to the iPhone.
    But the Pixel XL does it's job greatly.